The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3540
Original post by Tuni530
yep, kinda sad how bad i want it lol. wbu?

I'm sure you'll get it. :biggrin: Yeah, it PROBABLY will be...

if St. Andrews don't give me an offer....
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Hi, new to TSR!

May I just ask, how many days notice did people get for their interview?
I applied for 2014 entry and I'm a home student, but still haven't heard if I have an interview or not.
Getting anxious now :frown:
Reply 3542
I got exactly two weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bubble101
Hi, new to TSR!

May I just ask, how many days notice did people get for their interview?
I applied for 2014 entry and I'm a home student, but still haven't heard if I have an interview or not.
Getting anxious now :frown:

i got 20 days notice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3544
oh dear.I have just read some of the comments made by 'hugby'(really?)

I can assure you no one at Kings is like this and if they do get in,they will struggle year3 onwards because it's clinics,where you actually have to have empathy and be a friendly person and communicate with patients and your peers,mentors EFFECTIVELY.something hugby clearly has no grasp on.

Everyone else applying,good luck and to those of you who haven't got in,never give up!A lot of people re apply,take gap years,apply after degrees and they get in.If medicine is what you want to do then don't give up and it will happen!
Original post by Hugby1
lol.

I'd like to see you write a similar amount in a foreign language!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by hello101
Coz I love it ..... And I luv most people here ...... Hugby ..... Have a virtual hug from me..... U need some lovin.... Nothing better than a bit of of brotherly luv from me ...... Lolz lol lol lol lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

We should just have hugs all round! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by medic23
oh dear.I have just read some of the comments made by 'hugby'(really?)

I can assure you no one at Kings is like this and if they do get in,they will struggle year3 onwards because it's clinics,where you actually have to have empathy and be a friendly person and communicate with patients and your peers,mentors EFFECTIVELY.something hugby clearly has no grasp on.

Everyone else applying,good luck and to those of you who haven't got in,never give up!A lot of people re apply,take gap years,apply after degrees and they get in.If medicine is what you want to do then don't give up and it will happen!

:smile: Thank you.
I am guessing your already studying med, your living my dream :tongue: Good to know no one at Kings is like this. Phew!
Reply 3548
Original post by Priya_Biju
:smile: Thank you.
I am guessing your already studying med, your living my dream :tongue: Good to know no one at Kings is like this. Phew!

Yes I am:smile:It will happen for you too!There's always one annoying person on these forums every year dw!
Original post by medic23
Yes I am:smile:It will happen for you too!There's always one annoying person on these forums every year dw!

Hopefully :wink: Been checking my portal every 10 mins for the past 4 months and continuing.
Good luck with your studies :smile:
I've been checking the KCL portal page approximately 5689380 times daily since my interview on 15th January, I have no idea how some of the December interviewees can stand this wait.
To those with offers, did you get them through your portal or through ucas? If it is through ucas then there's no need to constantly check the portal, right?
Original post by NightStarz
To those with offers, did you get them through your portal or through ucas? If it is through ucas then there's no need to constantly check the portal, right?

The offer on the portal came through at 1800, this was around an hour before I got an email from kings telling me it had been updated (it could have been longer, just going by when I checked). The Ucas thing didn't change for a while afterwards.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by PocketMerlin
I've been checking the KCL portal page approximately 5689380 times daily since my interview on 15th January, I have no idea how some of the December interviewees can stand this wait.

To put it simply: we can't, we're all going insane :tongue:
Reply 3554
Do you guys think it's worth for December interviewees to have hope? Realistically? :|

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NightStarz

You'd get an email anyway when portal updates. so theres no real point checking your portal. I just obsessively check my emails :frown:
Hi,
What kinds of questing shall i Expect to be asked on a interview.
Do they make you to undertake math and english test aswell?
Original post by Rosine
Do you guys think it's worth for December interviewees to have hope? Realistically? :|

Posted from TSR Mobile

They've only given offers out to exceptional candidates, and rejections to those who weren't strong. The rest are being pooled for further discussion and will probably hear back after interviews have finished. These are people who scored well but not exceptionally "let's give them an offer right this second" well, so if you haven't heard back yet it probably isn't a bad thing. :smile:

This isn't the first time you've posted saying that December interviewees have no hope if they haven't heard back yet, so please stop, it's hardly motivational for us.
Reply 3558
Yes there is still hope for you if you have not heard back.People who were rejected sometimes get called for an interview,people who have interview and get rejected,you even have a chance as they may call you(it happened alot this year and actually happens in alot of med schools on results day).If you get rejected,write a letter ask for feedback,they will remember you.Anyone who hasn't heard you have hope dw!

Remember to try lead the interview,say they ask'oh you worked in a hospice tell me more' here you can say whatever and at end for example'and i learnt to communicate more effectively' which leads them on to ask you about communication etc etc.So you are in control!

Also,people who have offers already are not the 'exceptional' ones and if you are rejected like I said it doesn't mean your not strong enough.I have people in my year who were rejected after interview,called back given an offer and are the ones getting the highest marks!!!Don't always listen to what other students applying with you are saying because they don't have an idea on the process really!!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3559
Original post by Flobie
They've only given offers out to exceptional candidates, and rejections to those who weren't strong. The rest are being pooled for further discussion and will probably hear back after interviews have finished. These are people who scored well but not exceptionally "let's give them an offer right this second" well, so if you haven't heard back yet it probably isn't a bad thing. :smile:

This isn't the first time you've posted saying that December interviewees have no hope if they haven't heard back yet, so please stop, it's hardly motivational for us.

Aahh I'm sorry guys .... It's difficult not to think the worst sometimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest