London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 3661
Original post by Priya_Biju
2 Pre Interview Rejections and waiting on Kings and Leicester for an interview:smile:

Gluck with ur interviews.

Waiting to hear from king's too. Thanks and good luck to you too! :smile:
I had my interview mid-jan + heard back within 4 working days. Didn't think mine went exceptionally well so it's probably just random. Don't stress, most of you with interviews will get offers! xx
Got rejected yesterday... Devastated because it was my first choice and i thought the interview went really well. Also got me nervous because I had my other 3 interviews after Kings (11/12) and am still waiting to hear from all of them. Exactly 2 months of stress and anxiety just for a rejection when they said 2-3 weeks!!! :mad: Asked them for feedback yesterday and can only hope they reply to me soon.

My stats:
GCSE: 7A* 3A
UKCAT: 812.5 Band 1 >>> genuine surprise; was seriously expecting 670-720 :biggrin:
IB Prediction: 39 (personally confident I'll breach the 40s in the real thing) :rolleyes:

TBF I think my essay was crap so I'm hoping that was the only thing that let me down because if i get 4 rejections after 4 interviews ill be really depressed. :frown:
rejected
Original post by Future-doc
rejected

I'm sorry to hear that :frown: Was it a long wait for the decision?
Reply 3666
Original post by Elenchus
Got rejected yesterday... Devastated because it was my first choice and i thought the interview went really well. Also got me nervous because I had my other 3 interviews after Kings (11/12) and am still waiting to hear from all of them. Exactly 2 months of stress and anxiety just for a rejection when they said 2-3 weeks!!! :mad: Asked them for feedback yesterday and can only hope they reply to me soon.

My stats:
GCSE: 7A* 3A
UKCAT: 812.5 Band 1 >>> genuine surprise; was seriously expecting 670-720 :biggrin:
IB Prediction: 39 (personally confident I'll breach the 40s in the real thing) :rolleyes:

TBF I think my essay was crap so I'm hoping that was the only thing that let me down because if i get 4 rejections after 4 interviews ill be really depressed. :frown:

Hey, I'm really sorry you got rejected:frown:

Great stats btw. I hope you get some good news from your other choices:smile:
Original post by medic23
They do have clearing.a few people got called on a level results day who had been rejected after interview.some people called themselves and were told there are spaces available and they'd call back,the person I know wasn't called back but others were!

Thats not clearing tho! Clearing is when you have declined/been rejected from all your choices on your ucas application, so you apply for another choice. After i got rejected last year i got the option of going into clearing in march, but most people do clearing after results day if they've missed their grades. Your right that some med schools will call people post-rejection and reverse their decision if they haven't filled all of their places but kings don't do clearing, if they did i would have seen it last year!
Reply 3668
Hey guys this might be a stupid question but just wanted something clarified...

Say you get an offer (AAA) but you don't get the grades is there anything you can do to still get into medicine? Apart from applying after a few years as a post grad.
Original post by MS Miz
Hey guys this might be a stupid question but just wanted something clarified...

Say you get an offer (AAA) but you don't get the grades is there anything you can do to still get into medicine? Apart from applying after a few years as a post grad.

ive got a friend that got aab but kings accepted her despite not meeting the offer conditions

in order, your options are:
1. call and beg on results day
2. resit and reapply to the few unis that will allow this
3. grad entry or applying to undergraduate courses after gettin a 2.1

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3670
Original post by kolatytler
ive got a friend that got aab but kings accepted her despite not meeting the offer conditions

in order, your options are:
1. call and beg on results day
2. resit and reaplly to the few unis that will allow this
3. grad entry or applying to undergraduate courses after gettin a 2.1

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK. Looks like the best way is to actually get the grades, darn it... I better work my socks off then! Haha! And thanks for the quick reply. :smile:
yep it was last year (she's now a first year). And i think they probably wont do it again, the same friend told me that at kings a lot of students fail midsessional (this year around 40% of the cohort got below the passmark of 50) and many also fail the yeat...i think they will try and reduce the number of admitted students that dont get the grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 3 years ago)
Do people with not a single a grade in Igcse get in into medicine ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3673
Did anyone have an interview at King's today?
Reply 3674
Thanks for the advice, and good luck to your son!
(edited 3 years ago)
Happy 2 month anniversary Kings xxxx Please give me an offer as a gift
Reply 3676
This thread is relatively quiet today...

Like my portal :'(
LOL
anyone get any offers/rejections today?
Original post by emmmalou
My interview was 12th December... So nearly 2 months of waiting just to be rejected!

Did you ask for feedback?
Reply 3679
Original post by Δεφιαντ1
Thats not clearing tho! Clearing is when you have declined/been rejected from all your choices on your ucas application, so you apply for another choice. After i got rejected last year i got the option of going into clearing in march, but most people do clearing after results day if they've missed their grades. Your right that some med schools will call people post-rejection and reverse their decision if they haven't filled all of their places but kings don't do clearing, if they did i would have seen it last year!

They don't officially call it clearing but it is,my sister got into dentistry 2 years ago,had all rejections without any interview called up the Uni they said they'd look at her app and then called her back for an interview next day and she was offered a place.onthe ucas app it has to go through as a place as 'clearing' and I have spoken to 5 people in my year who got called up by kings on results day and when were given the offer it come up as through clearing!

Quick Reply

Latest