The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RenDanielle
No, somewhere around 6th or 7th actually because of the distance. And I know, but hopefully the newness will be worth it since I don't really want to start trying to swap :smile: GDSA was my first, actually haha. Was that your first choice?

Oh right, that's weird :confused: my first choice was GDSA!
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Congratulations on the offers guys :biggrin: any questions, give me a shout
Hi I am not a medicine offer holder, but I have been allocated Champion Hill residence and would prefer swapping to something more closer to the Strand like SSA or GDA, if anyone is willing to swap please pm or reply to this message? Thank you
Is there a group for King's medics 2014 or do you just join the freshers group? If so which group are people mainly joining?
Reply 4804
Original post by NightStarz
Is there a group for King's medics 2014 or do you just join the freshers group? If so which group are people mainly joining?

I would like to know too :biggrin:
Join both!
I have a standard ensuite at Champion Hill, very close to the Denmark Hill campus, anyone willing to swap with me for SSA, GDA or Juliam Markham? My only criticism with Champion Hill is that it's better for medicine, dentistry or nursing students, anything in that area:smile:
Reply 4807
for medicine is freshers 2 week? or is it just 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
is there a group for nursing? or does anyone know if someone has a place for nursing at kings? I don't know anyone and i'm so nervous!
My stats are
690 SJT band 1
3A* prediction, 4As and 9 and a half A* GCSEs (only GCSEs taken)
basically do I stand a chance or is it too ukcat heavy? The ukcat was apparently harder this year than last year so not sure how will affect averages
I think my UKCAT is too low for my GCSEs to make up for it here
did anyone get an interview with similar stats?
Original post by Δεφιαντ1
The last big party is freshers ball, on the 29th, so 2 weeks.

TWO WEEKS?! Woohoo! Sounds good!

Also not sure if this has been said already but when does our course start exactly? Track says 1st sept so I was getting a bit worried!
How can teaching start 22 but freshers ball be on 29?
is anyone else on here not paying uni fees via student finance? if so, what letter do we bring with us when we enrol to prove how we are paying?

also, on a completely different note, what should i take to uni if i'm commuting? (e.g. is a laptop/tablet necessary?)

oh and for med students, do we get told whether we need any vaccinations before starting?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4813
Hey! :smile:

I thought I'd make a thread for all the kcl medics starting this September! :biggrin:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2815987
Reply 4814
Hi everyone! i didn't get accomodation.
I'm a female non-drinker (health reasons) and not heavily into partying or clubbing.
Wondering if anyone similar to me has any vacancies for flat sharing? Preferably walking distance to Guys campus. please pm me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4815
Original post by KaurPrincess

oh and for med students, do we get told whether we need any vaccinations before starting?

Everyone has a (compulsory) occupational health check within the first year, during which you get any vaccinations that you need.
Reply 4816
Hi everyone,
I have an ensuite at Champion Hill, which is so close to Denmark Hill so great for medics! I would love to swap with anyone who has any Intercollegiate Hall/Moonraker/GDS.
hey guys I'm a 3rd year KCL medic selling some of my MBBS year 1&2 textbooks:

1) Vander's human physiology 12th edition £24
2) Molecular cell biology 6th edition £15
3) Mcminn's clinical atlas of human anatomy 6th edition £13
4) Rang and dales's Pharmacology 7th edition £25
5) Wheater's functional histology 5th edition £15

BOOKS ARE USED BUT IN MINT CONDITION. Feel free to message me for more details. Selling them way cheaper than other new and used versions.
Hi, I'd love to apply to Kings, but I'm not sure if i'll get an interview. I'm not really sure how they select for interview - like how do they weigh everything? Cause even though I meet the minimum requirements, my GCSEs are 4A*s, 4As, 2Bs (in english). I got 4As at AS and am predicted 3As for next year too. My ukcat's 2810 and sjt1. I have done loads of work experience and got lots of extra curricular too, and a really strong personal statement, but i dont know about weightings? Thank youu!
Reply 4819
Anyone applying for the
Extended Medical Degree Programme?

Quick Reply