The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1560
Original post by Anonymiss_x
Hiya, I've got an interview in January for the A100 course. I was just wondering whether the format of the interview is panel or MMI? It doesn't directly state one or the other in the letter, just that it's 20 minutes long with preliminary tasks.

hey! when did you get your interview? yep its panel with 2 interviewers :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 1561
Original post by nana96
do you mind me asking how yoi think the interview went, and who interviewed you? im in the same boat right now

haha this is literally me!! I keep checking my portal at least twice a day!!! :P how do you feel your interview went?
Reply 1562
Do King's know whether or not you have attended their medicine open day (pre-interview)?
Reply 1563
Original post by lulib
Any EU applicants got an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes another irish applicant had interview on the 10 th haven't heard back yet ukcat 795
Reply 1564
Original post by Q1126272
Yes another irish applicant had interview on the 10 th haven't heard back yet ukcat 795

I'm also an Irish applicant. I've heard nothing yet; probably due to my "low" UKCAT of 742.5

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Xhizor
Do King's know whether or not you have attended their medicine open day (pre-interview)?

I dont think they really care about that ... So you shouldnt worry..... Well technically u can put that down on ucas where they ask what have you done pre university for preparation... But this day and age this is very unlikely to affect your chances ... All Unis know it isnt possible for people to attend these as everyone also have a life / also geographical and other issues lol lol lol i hope i have alleviated any stress you have ;-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1566
Original post by nana96
do you mind me asking how yoi think the interview went, and who interviewed you? im in the same boat right now

I had two interviewers (I can't remember for the life of me their names, I was in panic mode/autopilot!) and I found it so hard to tell how it went. I only didn't know the answer to one of the questions so I made an educated guess (I think I told them that). I found that one interviewer enjoyed saying 'I raised an eyebrow when...' and did exactly that all through the interview which was a bit off-putting. The other seemed nicer though and I felt a bit more at ease with them. Anyway, I say all that to basically say that I don't know how it went... And look forward to hearing soon!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1567
Original post by Jumpenna
I had a man and a younger woman as interviewers (I can't remember for the life of me their names, I was in panic mode/autopilot!) and I found it so hard to tell how it went. I only didn't know the answer to one of the questions so I made an educated guess (I think I told them that) but that was mainly because the questions revolved around my PS. I found the man enjoyed saying 'I raised an eyebrow when...' and did exactly that all through the interview which was a bit off-putting. The woman seemed nicer though and I felt a bit more at ease with her. Anyway, I say all that to basically say that I don't know how it went... And look forward to hearing soon - It's reached the point where I don't really mind what the outcome is! How do you feel yours was?

I think I had the same interviewers, I reaaly don't know how mine went, I think I could have done so much better than I did though! I think ive been over thinking my answers way too much, I just wanna hear back from them asap. I hope they dont make us wait longer than 2nd jan

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hate all this waiting arrrgggg, what if we don't hear after 3 weeks? do we assume rejection? have any a100's been rejected?
I had a man and a younger woman as interviewers (I can't remember for the life of me their names, I was in panic mode/autopilot!) and I found it so hard to tell how it went. I only didn't know the answer to one of the questions so I made an educated guess (I think I told them that) but that was mainly because the questions revolved around my PS. I found the man enjoyed saying 'I raised an eyebrow when...' and did exactly that all through the interview which was a bit off-putting. The woman seemed nicer though and I felt a bit more at ease with her. Anyway, I say all that to basically say that I don't know how it went... And look forward to hearing soon - It's reached the point where I don't really mind what the outcome is! How do you feel yours was?

I had those interviewers! The man made me feel so uncomfortable. :frown:
Original post by maryamnc
I hate all this waiting arrrgggg, what if we don't hear after 3 weeks? do we assume rejection? have any a100's been rejected?

Not necessarily ...they have given out offers / rejections/ put u on a waiting list after 3 weeks ... One of my friends heard back after a month and a half first it was waiting list then they called in the middle of exams .. Well the minute it finished to give an offer ... But they do grt back within 3 weeks usually however all December interview decisions are hindered by the holiday period so it can and probably will take longer than 3 weeks .. Best thing to do is not think about it ...relax and kick back .... ( says he who has chewed all his nails off lol ... Not literally ofcourse ).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1571
Hi, I received an interview date via the portal and was asked to confirm acceptance, but when I pressed the submit button nothing seemed to happen. Should I be able to see a confirmation or update somewhere?
Reply 1572
I know, I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt a bit uneasy with them, we just can't tell what they're thinking though! I did feel like I left the interview without them knowing much more about me than when I went in although I'm sure they could read me like a book... There were so many things that I wanted to say that I didn't get the chance to. I managed to think of some amazing answers... On the train home :/ Oh well, we can only wait now! And yes, it would be nice to start the term again with a clearer idea of where we stand although I haven't heard anything from anywhere else which is a bit worrying. Trying to convince myself that no news is good news... for now.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1573
Original post by lepton2
Hi, I received an interview date vial the portal and was asked to confirm acceptance, but when I pressed the submit button nothing seemed to happen. Should I be able to see a confirmation or update somewhere?

I had the same problem, emailed them and they said it had gone through. Did the selecty buttony thing just go grey? If so, it should be fine and should have gone through. If you're still worried just email them and they'll tell you once they're back in the office.
Reply 1574
I had the same problem, emailed them and they said it had gone through. Did the selecty buttony thing just go grey? If so, it should be fine and should have gone through. If you're still worried just email them and they'll tell you once they're back in the office.

Thanks, it did go grey and I will email them as you suggest.
Original post by lepton2
Thanks, it did go grey and I will email them as you suggest.

The same happened to me - but if you go to the main page your application status should now be 'acceptance of interview' - thank you for accepting the invitation to interview etc etc? :smile:
Reply 1576
Original post by lovelycup7
The same happened to me - but if you go to the main page your application status should now be 'acceptance of interview' - thank you for accepting the invitation to interview etc etc? :smile:

Just checked it and the status has changed. Thank you very much.
Original post by lepton2
Just checked it and the status has changed. Thank you very much.

No worries! Good luck with your interview!
So weird - just logged in an saw an interview invitation! Totally wasn't expecting that - deadline for response is tomorrow as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1579
Was wondering whether anyone who had an interview around the 12th has heard anything? Finding myself checking everything three or four times a day, even though I know the offices are shut - I think it's getting a bit excessive! Hope I'm not the only one!

I had mine on the 12th as well! What time was yours?
And I've been checking constantly too- the wait is killing me!!

Quick Reply

Latest