The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1620
Original post by Baa
Heyy, I was just wondering, I have already submitted saying I am attending the interview and it goes grey, but when I refresh the page it goes back to how it was before. Also, my application status has changed to my application is currently being processed instead of acceptance of interview. Has this happened to anyone else?? Freaking out :/

that happened to me, but I thought that was because i tried to reply after my deadline... (was away over christmas and didn't check the portal oops, hope they still let me go...) The day after I replied i tried logging in then logging out and it changed to the thank you message :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
When do you think Kings will send other interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PocketMerlin
Interview on 15th January! :biggrin: Heard about it on 28th of December, I didn't think there would be any portal updates over Christmas, but I checked it just by chance... 2 days before the deadline.

Re-applicants/gap year students: do we have to scan and upload our GCSE certificates in addition to our A-level certificates?

Well done :biggrin:
Yes we do- I think it said all certificates at GCSE level or above :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone from earlier interviews heard anything?
Reply 1624
Are we supposed to scan and upload certificates AND bring photocopies to interview? The interview letter says to scan and upload them but the interview information says to bring original + photocopies with you on the day. Have people who've had interviews done both?
Reply 1625
Original post by Ke299
Are we supposed to scan and upload certificates AND bring photocopies to interview? The interview letter says to scan and upload them but the interview information says to bring original + photocopies with you on the day. Have people who've had interviews done both?

Im a Grad applicant (to the 4 year course) but we have been told to scan them however, if this is not possible, to bring photocopies to the interview. I've seen posts further up this thread saying the same thing. I've not heard anyone say the took originals to interviews.

You could always scan and send them and then take the originals/photocopies with you if you were worried :smile:
Reply 1626
Original post by jam-jam
Im a Grad applicant (to the 4 year course) but we have been told to scan them however, if this is not possible, to bring photocopies to the interview. I've seen posts further up this thread saying the same thing. I've not heard anyone say the took originals to interviews.

You could always scan and send them and then take the originals/photocopies with you if you were worried :smile:

Thanks! I think I will do both :smile:
Reply 1627
Can anyone else who's been invited to interview not see any mention of an essay on the portal?
Reply 1628
Original post by Ke299
Can anyone else who's been invited to interview not see any mention of an essay on the portal?

It just says a questionnaire on my portal:smile:
Reply 1629
Original post by HHaris14
It just says a questionnaire on my portal:smile:

Yeah same.. do you think its a mistake?
Reply 1630
Original post by Ke299
Yeah same.. do you think its a mistake?

No its not a mistake, I called them to check and was old its just a basic questionnaire but they couldn't go into more detail:s-smilie:
Reply 1631
No its not a mistake, I called them to check and was old its just a basic questionnaire but they couldn't go into more detail:s-smilie:

Oh right! I swear people on here said they'd been told it was an essay before their interview
Reply 1632
Original post by Ke299
Oh right! I swear people on here said they'd been told it was an essay before their interview

Well that's what I thought too! but they probably changed it since for this batch. You could try asking someone else you know who's also get an interview:wink:
Reply 1633
Well that's what I thought too! but they probably changed it since for this batch. You could try asking someone else you know who's also get an interview:wink:

somebody leaked one of their essay questions, so i think they had to change it
Reply 1634
Original post by akchi96
that happened to me, but I thought that was because i tried to reply after my deadline... (was away over christmas and didn't check the portal oops, hope they still let me go...) The day after I replied i tried logging in then logging out and it changed to the thank you message :smile:

Hey, I am in the exact same situation, may I ask did it instantly update, or did it change to the thank you message later? Every time I log out and back in again I seem to have to rechoose again my reply to the invitation. Is that normal?

Thanks
Reply 1635
Original post by Bomb
Hey, I am in the exact same situation, may I ask did it instantly update, or did it change to the thank you message later? Every time I log out and back in again I seem to have to rechoose again my reply to the invitation. Is that normal?

Thanks

This seems to have happened to almost everyone (both grad like me and school leavers). It seems that you accept the invite and then have to log out and shut your browser and then try again. Some people's have resolved instantly by doing that or taken a few hours/a day or so.

Another way to ensure its gone through if your interview is soon/the deadline is nearing then you could send them an email through myapplication/phone them tmrw.
Offer from King's!!!!! Thought you guys would like the details - just came through on portal at 5:30ish, interview was on the 10th Dec, I'm a reapplicant with achieved A*AA :smile: ah I can't believe I'm actually going to med school!
Original post by PocketMerlin
Interview on 15th January! :biggrin: Heard about it on 28th of December, I didn't think there would be any portal updates over Christmas, but I checked it just by chance... 2 days before the deadline.

Re-applicants/gap year students: do we have to scan and upload our GCSE certificates in addition to our A-level certificates?

I did; I scanned my GCSEs, AS-levels and A-levels.
Original post by bobbin'along
Offer from King's!!!!! Thought you guys would like the details - just came through on portal at 5:30ish, interview was on the 10th Dec, I'm a reapplicant with achieved A*AA :smile: ah I can't believe I'm actually going to med school!

Wooo great news what a way 2 start the new year congratulations !!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bobbin'along

Congrats, same here! Interview on the 5th December, gap year applicant (did not apply last year) and my alevels were A*AA.

Finally after the constant refreshing of the portal!

Probably going to firm King's (my bmat sucked).

For all those waiting, I wish you all the best!

Quick Reply

Latest