The Student Room Group

Bad AS results to great A2/A-levels results - success stories?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
From CCCD/CDDD (very low Cs) to A*BB (very high Bs) and the A* in the subject I'm doing at undergrad.

What's even better is that I went from getting the lowest UMS in Economics @ AS to get the highest in the Business+Economics department in my school.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Cg_2030
Just got my remarks back, can I just if you`ve had bad AS results don't give up. Don't be disheartened and don't let people put you down, use it as motivation and work extremely hard and prove everyone wrong. I got BCDD for my AS results in Maths, Physics, Biology and History. Now ive come out with AAB and I'm going kings to study Physics. Make sure you plan the months ahead carefully. If you want any tips PM me

Where else did you apply besides Kings and did you receive all 5 offers? Congrats btw, great set of results.
Original post by United2810
Where else did you apply besides Kings and did you receive all 5 offers? Congrats btw, great set of results.

I got into king's through adjustment, but my original choices were Leicester and Loughborough as my predicted grades weren't good
]I have gotten a C in IAL Physics and GCE Maths and now I need 286/300 to get a overall A and A* at A2 should I do a resit or is it possible to achieve this target wth out resits????[
What subjects was that? What did you do besides doing past papers to get those grades?
Original post by DrMeredithGrey
I went from ABCD at AS to A*A*A at A2!
hows dentistry going realy inspired by your story
Original post by im so academic
Anyone have any success stories of getting bad at AS, but actually improving at lot in the A2 year?

How hard did you have to work for them?

I got BBCC at as level and got ABB at A level
Original post by MimiGreene
My brother got CCDD in AS for English, Maths, Chemistry and Biology respectively. He dropped Chemistry, became a better student and achieved A*A*A for Maths, Bio and English respectively at A level so it is very possible. He didn't do extra work either, he just stopped slacking off in free periods, asked questions in class and actually did his homework lol

I want this to be me
I got AED

WANT A*A*A*
In m AS January mock results I got UEE, then in my AS results now I got ABD. which isnt bad but much better than UEE
I got CDEE at AS and just got ABB on results day on Thursday. It's possible to turn it around!
Got DEE in AS when I sat them, ended up with AAC. Literally just work hard.
Original post by chrolloswaifu
Got DEE in AS when I sat them, ended up with AAC. Literally just work hard.

I got DDC this year for AS and I’m hoping to get 3As, at the end . I would like to ask what techniques did you use in your revision to get you those grades ! Thank you and congrats
Original post by May123s
I got DDC this year for AS and I’m hoping to get 3As, at the end . I would like to ask what techniques did you use in your revision to get you those grades ! Thank you and congrats

Thanks! I resat my entire first year of one subject, and did my AS resits alongside my A2 otherwise it would've bee very impossible for me to get the UCAS points I needed. Other than that, I did past papers and gave them to my tutors to mark, made flash cards and resources using Memrise, and tried to plan answers for every possible question I could think of!

I took psychology, sociology and English Lit for reference.
I’ve yet to finish studying, I’m doing my A-Levels as a third year at the moment that I couldn’t do this year.

But, in my Year 12 I got a D in an A-Level - I was able to finish the one this year and got an A at A2!
(edited 5 years ago)
I only did one AS in maths last year as for most subjects you now just sit exams at the end of year 13, but as this was kind of the adjustment year my school still had us sit maths AS. To my horror I got an E! Two low Ds and an E in core 1, core 2 and stats 1, which are considered the easier modules. Needless to say I was feeling very disappointed, but I worked hard and started going the extra mile in terms of past papers, and when I did my AS resits the following year I got a B and two As in those same modules, two Cs in the harder y13 core modules and an A in stats 2. This all turned out to be a B, which would still be a big disappointment for a lot of people, but considering where I was just a year ago I'm pretty happy. As I said I didn't do official AS levels in any other subjects, but we did internal end of years, where I got a D for physics and an A* for French. My final results were a B for physics and a B for French too. Just goes to show you can always improve in your trickier subjects, and also go down in your better ones.
I did the opposite. I got 100% or close to 100% in all my AS subjects. But then crashed at A2. I still got over 90% averages in all my A levels but because of the A* rule of getting over 90% overall and at A2, I only got A*AA in the end.
As: Cdu/a2: Abc
Is it possible to go from DDC to AAA this year ? I just started year 13 and I feel a bit demotivated
Please help me I beg u
I just have 1 doubt that

In A2 level won’t they count 50% of as level marks??
If they do count
How did u get AAA from BBC????
please help m me I beg u

Quick Reply

Latest