Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Here's the problem, I am a straight A predicted student at A level.
    I am also an aspiring dentist, however, I decided after visiting some universities I was never going to reach the grades to get onto that course.

As a result, I decided that I was interested in doing biomedical material science which required ABB which I thought was more realistic - then do a graduate dental degree.

Then yesterday I received BCDD (B was in art so doesn't really count) at AS. My teachers were very shocked as was I and we're getting all of my papers back to see what went wrong (it doesn't look good on them either!)

So what I'm really asking is- will resitting the year hinder my chances of getting into a Russell group uni? But if I resit all exams I will have 14 exams including my A2, and do I bother applying to university this January?
    I'm really stuck at the moment so I'd really love some help.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    The Russell group universities won't really appreciate you retaking a whole year, they may even ask for higher grades from you if that is what you choose to do :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.