Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    so... results came and they were shocking.
    I received a U in Physics, U in Maths and an E in Economics (D in General Studies) AS. I'm very lost at the moment and clueless on what to do.

    I would recommend you to retake the year, I don't know if your school will let you go to the next year with those grades. Have a fresh start, perhaps at a different college if you want to. Hope everything goes well for you in the future

    There are several options for you. You could retake the year, as the above person recommended - however, if you worked your hardest this year and got those grades, that's not always recommended. If you didn't work your hardest and know that you could do better, then that is a good idea. You could look into options other than A-levels: apprenticeships, BTECs, or jobs. Do you know what you want to do? Foundation courses are also an idea, I think, but I'm not sure about that, sorry! Good luck :hugs:
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

    All the essentials

    The adventure begins mug

    Student life: what to expect

    What it's really like going to uni


    Essay expert

    Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

    Uni match

    Uni match

    Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

    Study planner

    Create a study plan

    Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

    Study planner

    Resources by subject

    Everything from mind maps to class notes.

    Hands typing

    Degrees without fees

    Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

    A student doing homework

    Study tips from A* students

    Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

    Study help links and info

    Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

    Sponsored content:



    Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.