The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i think most people wud say medicine, vet med or law. ther not the courses i wud go for but they r gud
Reply 2
What a ridiculous thread.
Reply 3
Don't know about the best uni course but at my uni they have some cracking modules ... I was so tempted to take either 'TV Doctors and Detectives' (watching Quincy, ER and Miss Marple) or 'The Modern Vampire' (every series of Buffy - woohoo!). My academic sensibilites prevented me from doing so though lol.
Law at Harvard Law School.
Reply 5
Accounting and Finance
Maybe PPE, Oxford. I don't know. I think the 'best course in the world' is going to be different for everyone in terms of what they enjoy.
There seems to be a huge craze for medicine and forensic science at the moment, certainly at my sixth form - nearly 10% of the year applied for medicine :s-smilie: (Personally I blame all the hosiptal dramas, and CIS type programs :P)
A few years ago the most popular subjects at my school were achitecture and vet.med, by a long way. Weird that things seem to go in and out of fashion like that.
Probably an economics major from Harvard and then an MBA from HBS
Employability tends to be inversely proportional to employment, i.e. the lazy arts students who have lots of fun late at night in my house will have far fewer prospects than me slaving over a hot cauldron of engineering maths books.
Happy Unicycling
Employability tends to be inversely proportional to employment, i.e. the lazy arts students who have lots of fun late at night in my house will have far fewer prospects than me slaving over a hot cauldron of engineering maths books.

Agree. But bad example...
Indeed, I'd be more coherent if I wasn't buckling under exams and excessively noisy neighbours.
I do English at Bristol. In terms of enjoyment, you can't beat it. It's a wonderful, interesting, exciting, inspiring course which just makes me want to learn and learn and learn. I finished four weeks ago but I'm still totally in tune with the course and with my preparatory reading for next year. Oh, and did I mention we have one exam in the whole three years? :p:

As for employability, a decent degree in a well-respected subject from a well-respected university such as Bristol is good enough for me. I believe it is my personal qualities and extensive work experience which will make me employable, not my knowledge of Old Norse grammar or classics or Wordsworth.
Reply 12
the best uni course.. would have to be media cultural and society... becasue if you like to be catogorized or not EVERYONE is obssessed with celebrity culture and reality t.v now.. therefore the study of certain film texts and general media texts means that we would have so much interest in this course!!!!??????:smile:
Apricot Fairy
I do English at Bristol. In terms of enjoyment, you can't beat it.

It must be nice having about 4 hours of lessons a week, bugger all work, and no exams! :rolleyes: :wink:
fuglyduckling
It must be nice having about 4 hours of lessons a week, bugger all work, and no exams! :rolleyes: :wink:

We actually have plenty of work, but it doesn't feel like work because it's really enjoyable. Our heavy term is the spring term, where we have coursework due in about once a fortnight, but that's when it's all grim and rainy outside, so by the time the summer arrives, you're right, we have bugger all to do except lie in the sun! :wink:
Reply 15
lulu7
the best uni course.. would have to be media cultural and society... becasue if you like to be catogorized or not EVERYONE is obssessed with celebrity culture and reality t.v now.. therefore the study of certain film texts and general media texts means that we would have so much interest in this course!!!!??????:smile:

Really not, actually.

What the hell is "media, cultural and society" anyway? 'Cultural' isn't even a noun so I find it hard to believe that it comprises part of a degree title.

I promise you I'd be more interested in a French degree (!!!!??????).
Reply 16
Johnny
Really not, actually.

What the hell is "media, cultural and society" anyway? 'Cultural' isn't even a noun so I find it hard to believe that it comprises part of a degree title.

I promise you I'd be more interested in a French degree (!!!!??????).

well you tell me that everyone in the UK is more interested in FRENCH!!! we are a lazy country.. all we care about is the media.. take people in France.. they are interested and committed to learning the english language.. but we are plain lazy.....
In my opinion, the best degree in the world would be Sunbathing, Chocolate Testing and Shopping at the University of Disneyland, Florida. :wink:

This degree has a complusory semester abroad where you spend six months in Sydney, Australia, testing surf wear for the Shopping part of the degree, and obviously putting some work in on the Sunbathing. :smile:
There are also plenty of optional trips (fully subsidised by the university including spending money) to places such as Belgium for the Chocolate Testing modules.

However as it happens, I've just finished law at Leeds Met... :rolleyes:
Reply 18
fieldsofanfield
What a ridiculous thread.

if you don't like it, don't post in it. Simple.
Capisce?

Chelsea Football Club, the Kings of Kings Road
In your Liverpool slums... :p:
if you don't like it, don't post in it. Simple.
Capisce?

They had a good point, your initial question was so broad.

Latest

Trending

Trending