Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm really disappointed with my AS-Level results, so I was thinking about retaking some modules next year, during June because we can longer do them in January. I was just wondering if I am able to improve my A-Level grades, wouldn't it be better for me to apply next October and take a gap year. Also, after receiving A2 results next year, when applying for Unis, would they really care about the AS resits? Would it be wiser to apply for Medicine or Biomed? Do you have any other suggestions, I would really appreciate them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by P.r)
    I'm really disappointed with my AS-Level results, so I was thinking about retaking some modules next year, during June because we can longer do them in January. I was just wondering if I am able to improve my A-Level grades, wouldn't it be better for me to apply next October and take a gap year. Also, after receiving A2 results next year, when applying for Unis, would they really care about the AS resits? Would it be wiser to apply for Medicine or Biomed? Do you have any other suggestions, I would really appreciate them
    Hi, im having the same problem and I've no idea what to do, I achieved AABD (two A's in Chem and Bio, B in psychology and D in Spanish)

Im really happy with the AAB its just the D thats worrying me as most medical schools want a C/B in the 4th AS level?

I know some med schools dont look at AS levels but they tend to focus more on the UKCAT which I only achieved a 645 average in (band 1 SJT) so now im completely stcuk on where to apply :/

At GCSE I got 5A*'s, 4A's and 3B's but one of those A*'s in in a Citizenship short course which I dont think counts :confused:

My first choice was Leeds but I dont know if ive messed my chances up, any advice would be helpful
    • PS Reviewer

(Original post by P.r)
    It all depends on what predicted grades you've been given. If it is AAA, you are still on track.

There are only a select few universities who weigh heavily on AS grades/UMS and/or module retakes.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt that the predicted grades would be AAA, hence applying next year might be a better idea?

ReputationRep:
    If you can convince your psychology teacher to predict you an A then you may as well give it a shot this year. If it doesn't work out then try plan B. Although you're right, there are still a few who don't require your fourth AS to be a/b.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Medical schools generally don't object to any resits as long as you complete your A Levels within the two given years. So I'd say you're fine doing a couple of AS resits during your A2 year.
    Like mentioned above though, your predicted grades are important. If you are applying this time, make sure you are predicted AAA in order to stand a chance. If not, I'd suggest taking a year out to improve your application, by gaining relevant work experience and achieving the desired grades.

Good luck!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 18, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.