Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey Morning TSR:tsr2:, i'm currently a 6th form student and I just got my results yesterday from my subjects. I did Horribly . I got C in Art E in ICT and U in Psychology. This is by far the worst grade i've ever gotten in my life and I'm not a dumb person.

This lead me to two choices.1)to carry onto A2 with a chance to improve on my grades or repeat the year. I genuinely don't want to repeat the year as I would feel like I wasted a year of my life in school so the thought of it hurts me but I know it's one of my choices.

I just found out last month that I have a genuine interest in CompSci and I don't know if retaking the year would hinder my chance of getting into a good Uni. My friends are telling me to retake the year and choose subjects associated with CompSci but I don't know what to do.

Anyone with understanding who can help me decide on how I move on with my life now please. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with your friends. Even if you'd got AAA in those subjects I don't think you'd get onto any competitive CS courses, because they're completely irrelevant subjects (yes, even ICT). If you're serious about CS, retake the year doing Maths, Further Maths and Physics. If you can spare another option (and you're half decent at any languages) do a language too. Those subjects would give you the best possible chance with CS. Of course, you're gonna have to work your **** off

Do you know the reason your grades were so much lower than you normally can get? Is it a case of you being lazy this year, or was it a complete shock yesterday? Either way, I feel for you on this one, my grades weren't what I wanted either

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.