Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I did my undergrad at normal/average university and though I had some good times, It wasn't the best experience as it was no where near the quality of Bristol. Now I'll be doing my MSc at Bristol (1 year long) and want to make the most of the resources, facilities, extra-curriculars, etc. Though my studies will be my number one priority, I don't want to miss out on any opportunities as I will only be there for a year. What things should I check out or get involved with, etc? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I live just outside of Bristol so if you've any questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paralove)
    I live just outside of Bristol so if you've any questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm moving to Bristol on Friday (which is a month before my course starts), so I'll have a lot of free time. Could you recommend what I could do to pass time and what clubs/bars are good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sandman62)
    I'm moving to Bristol on Friday (which is a month before my course starts), so I'll have a lot of free time. Could you recommend what I could do to pass time and what clubs/bars are good
    Well if you're up for a little bit of fun they've still got the Gromits around Bristol at the moment!

You could visit the M-Shed museum which is about the history f the city, go to castle park or blaise castle (in the Henbury area of Bristol, very big, nice for a walk if you like through the woods!). There's the shopping centre of Cabot Circus and surrounding shops - including a 5 floor Primark :3. The Harbourside has a lot of restaurants and bars and clubs around it, and I highly recommend you go to ZaZa Bazaar - the BEST MOST AMAZING all you can eat restaurant EVER! Be good once you get to know some people, and there's also a Wetherspoons near to it too.

In terms of specific clubs or bars I can't be too much help as of yet as I can't get into them :L but a very popular one is Rams or Ramshackles, swear everyone I know goes there!

You want to keep an eye out for what's on at the Colston Hall and Hippodrome. Theatre, plays, comedy and music gigs a plenty! Ooooh and have a look for The Fleece, a small independent music venue.

You missed the balloon fiesta I'm afraid! Maybe next summer ^^ you could go up to the Clifton suspension bridge and cheddar gorge and the downs (a big kinda grassy place, quite nice for a picnic kinda day, location of funderworld when it visits in Easter).

In terms of out of town shopping, there's the Mall at Cribbs Causeway. There's a Showcase cinema in Cabot Circus as well as a few restaurants.

You could also visit Bath while you've some free time which is GORGEOUS!!! More shopping, and just generally a lovely day out and historical place to go. Personally one of my favourite places ever.

There is honestly a lot of places to just walk around and explore too, though maybe avoid Easton and St Paul's for one ^^ not the nicest places! Clifton is where the university is mostly based an is the nicest part of the city I guess.

Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget Brisfest! I've never managed to go as it's always on just after I've gone away to uni, but it's the replacement for an awesome festival that went bust, and it looks pretty good itself :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.