Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cambridge Satchel for Sixth Form? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm currently awaiting my GCSE results, and my mum said that, if I get my target grades, I can have a satchel from the Cambridge Satchel Company.

The thing is, they are so so pricey, and I'll be carrying quite a few things round for Sixth Form. I don't want my mum to feel she's wasted her money, if the bag isn't even big enough to carry essentials! I've read some reviews, and they all talk about how small the satchels are inside!

I plan to take an extra bag for folders anyway, so I don't expect to be carrying my files in the satchel. I would just want to carry notebooks, texbooks, my stationery etc

I'm thinking that, if I do get one, I will need the biggest size (15 inch). I would just like some advice, because they are so so gorgeous, and I would absolutely love one! But the last thing I want is to waste so much of my mum's money.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ICParris)
    I got one two years ago for my 16th and I love it even though it doesn't carry so much. I have a 13 inch satchel but the only time I used it for school was when I had exams due to the lack of massive folders needing to be carried around. However I would still recommend them - they are beautiful

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Thanks for your reply. It's such a hard decision. I don't even have my results yet, but my mum told me to have a look. Like I said, I was planning to carry folders separately anyway (in one of those canvas book bags or something). I think if I got the 15 inch it would probably be okay.

You might not remember, but do you know how long yours took to arrive? I think the time varies. They say to allow 30 days, which I find quite scary, because I'd want it in time for school! I understand that they're handmade though

ReputationRep:
    I was in this exact same situation when I started college

I rationalised by thinking that it wasn't worth carrying around two bags, no matter how pretty the satchel is. How about getting a smaller one for usage outside of college and a cheaper and bigger bag for college?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.