Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If you get Bad Grades for your A-Level but a good degree and you are entering a competitive field like economics. Will A-level Results be important, would Employers care about it to a high extent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ObandeEchi)
    If you get Bad Grades for your A-Level but a good degree and you are entering a competitive field like economics. Will A-level Results be important, would Employers care about it to a high extent?
    Yes.

You will find that you are barred from grad schemes due to UCAS points.

ReputationRep:
    Some do, I know it's quite important for Law.

ReputationRep:
    Some do eg the big 4 accountancy firms ask for certain ucas points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabana)
    Some do eg the big 4 accountancy firms ask for certain ucas points
    No.

Most do.

I am a graduate, I know

OP keep resitting your Alevels until you get 300 UCAS points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fat_hobbit)
    Yes.

You will find that you are barred from grad schemes due to UCAS points.

damn

i got accepted through clearing in Coventry University, but i got a CCD in A Levels , i'm not satisfied with my A Level Results however i want to improve and move on to get a high degree and as well as that do lots of volunteering and schemes in the university for experience and better looking CV.

or spend another year in college and do resits

can you advise me please! on whether i should move on and get a good degree or do another year doing Re-Sits in college

i'm aiming to get in a career associated with business/economics

ReputationRep:
    damn

i got accepted through clearing in Coventry University, but i got a CCD , i'm not satisifed with my A Level Results.

but i want to improve and move on to get a high degree and as well as that do lots of volunteering and schemes in the university.

but i also want to resit and get a higher A Level Result?

can you advise me please

i'm aiming to get in a career associated with business/economics
    Volounteering etc is all good but it won't get you through the app stages at grad schemes.

It's very black and white with them; either you have 300 UCAS points or don't.

You can get a 2:1 , masters it won't matter.

Resit your Alevels.

ReputationRep:
    Volounteering etc is all good but it won't get you through the app stages at grad schemes.

It's very black and white with them; either you have 300 UCAS points or don't.

You can get a 2:1 , masters it won't matter.

Resit your Alevels.
    alright thanks for the input man, i feel like you know what you're talking about.

have you got any tips for me as well during my extended year in college resitting exams?

anything that can help me in the future?

and also thanks to everyone else that put their own input in this thread

ReputationRep:
    alright thanks for the input man, i feel like you know what you're talking about.

have you got any tips for me as well during my extended year in college resitting exams?

anything that can help me in the future?

and also thanks to everyone else that put their own input in this thread

With Alevels do subjects that are easier.

Secondly, try to get the best marks at AS. A2s are harder - so if you get a bad mark at AS you will probably get a bad mark overall.

I think BBB is 300 UCAS points, but do check,

Fix your exam technique.

Finally don't go to Coventry, they are after your money!

ReputationRep:
    One final note:

You will feel left out because your friends are going to uni. BUT you will thank me when you get your 300 UCAS points + a 2.1 and are able to apply to most grad schemes.

ReputationRep:
    With Alevels do subjects that are easier.

Secondly, try to get the best marks at AS. A2s are harder - so if you get a bad mark at AS you will probably get a bad mark overall.

I think BBB is 300 UCAS points, but do check,

Fix your exam technique.

Finally don't go to Coventry, they are after your money!

Yeah i'm thinking of re-taking 6 modules which i did bad at.

3 of them will be AS Level Modules
    the other 3 will be A2 Level Modules

i'm gonna try and re-take them 6 in June, thank you man for giving me that little push and wiping out my confusion about the importance of A Levels for an Economics and Business Career

ReputationRep:
    One final note:

You will feel left out because your friends are going to uni. BUT you will thank me when you get your 300 UCAS points + a 2.1 and are able to apply to most grad schemes.
    lool i'll hopefully be fine about my friends going to uni

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i'm thinking of re-taking 6 modules which i did bad at, from all 3 A level Subjects

3 of them will be AS Level Modules
    the other 3 will be A2 Level Modules

i'm gonna try and re-take them 6 in June, thank you man for giving me that little push and wiping out my confusion about the importance of A Levels for an Economics and Business Career
    I did badly in Alevels (I had mitigating circumstances), as a result I am very limited right now to the companies I can apply too. This is with a 2.1 and amazing work experience by the way.

You want a business career - so will likely go into consultancy. Alevels matter.

ReputationRep:
    I did badly in Alevels (I had mitigating circumstances), as a result I am very limited right now to the companies I can apply too. This is with a 2.1 and amazing work experience by the way.

You want a business career - so will likely go into consultancy. Alevels matter.
    ohhh okay so you experienced this i see, man good luck with what you are trying to pursuit!

Thank you again for your advise, Consultancy sounds interesting, i will weigh that as one of my options!

ReputationRep:
    ohhh okay so you experienced this i see, man good luck with what you are trying to pursuit!

Thank you again for your advise, Consultancy sounds interesting, i will weigh that as one of my options!
    Yeah - its very hard and frustrating when your ALs are going against you, to the point I wish I had the support during my ALs that could have enabled me to get the best marks.

Informative thread

ReputationRep:
      Yeah - its very hard and frustrating when your ALs are going against you, to the point I wish I had the support during my ALs that could have enabled me to get the best marks.

i hear you, man always try and think forward and don't hold onto regrets

ReputationRep:
      i hear you, man always try and think forward and don't hold onto regrets
      That's what I am doing, but it sucks when you are not able to apply to some companies after working on projects which generate press releases and win awards.

Anyway their loss.

ReputationRep:
      No.

Most do.

I am a graduate, I know

OP keep resitting your Alevels until you get 300 UCAS points.
      how much is 300

ReputationRep:
      That's what I am doing, but it sucks when you are not able to apply to some companies after working on projects which generate press releases and win awards.

Anyway their loss.
      That is the spirit haha, their loss :cool:

i don't get why the awards and press releases won't impress them..

Also i have another question
      do employers care whether or not you did Maths in A Level if you are applying for a job with an Economics Degree?

i didn't do maths for A Level

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.