Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am so scared!!! I have no idea what my CA results are!!! What were the maximum marks for each CA? I remember doing like 5 and thats it And the exam went alright, so im so scared

ReputationRep:
    Im scared about english too, i knew my CA results but the exam went veryyy bad so now im reallyy scared cos i know my grades gona go down :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XXSimranXX)
    Im scared about english too, i knew my CA results but the exam went veryyy bad so now im reallyy scared cos i know my grades gona go down :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Explain the CA mark system please? How many maximum marks and how many CA did you do?

ReputationRep:
    wow im stressed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fade)
    Explain the CA mark system please? How many maximum marks and how many CA did you do?
    what exam board were u with? i was with wjec and for CA we had descriptive writing, narrative writing, spoken language ( the one where u write about transcripts ), extended reading or something ( answer a question about a novel you read )
    I think most of them were out of 20marks but i think the extended reading ( the novel based one ) was out of 40
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what exam board were u with? i was with wjec and for CA we had descriptive writing, narrative writing, spoken language ( the one where u write about transcripts ), extended reading or something ( answer a question about a novel you read )
    I think most of them were out of 20marks but i think the extended reading ( the novel based one ) was out of 40
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoken language was horrible. There is 3 speaking and listening assessments aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Spoken language was horrible. There is 3 speaking and listening assessments aswell.
    I hated the speaking and listening especially the one when you have to talk in front of the whole class i think i was the most nervous out of everyone and the teacher was jus forcing me to do it.
    The spoken language CA i found difficult to learn all the new vocab but then i think in the CA it wasnt that bad

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was on AQA, and I didn't do anything about spoken language ? Really confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fade)
    I was on AQA, and I didn't do anything about spoken language ? Really confused
    Its probz cos u were with a different exam board

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hated the speaking and listening especially the one when you have to talk in front of the whole class i think i was the most nervous out of everyone and the teacher was jus forcing me to do it.
    The spoken language CA i found difficult to learn all the new vocab but then i think in the CA it wasnt that bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did the drama one but the other 2 I wagged the day off because I was so nervous. Teacher probably just put my target grade in.

ReputationRep:
    I did the drama one but the other 2 I wagged the day off because I was so nervous. Teacher probably just put my target grade in.
    really?! so you didnt even do it in the end. youre luckyyy i hated it, the only one i dient mind was the group discussion i actually liked that but yhh. Our teacher made sure we had all done it ur so lucky you got away with it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    really?! so you didnt even do it in the end. youre luckyyy i hated it, the only one i dient mind was the group discussion i actually liked that but yhh. Our teacher made sure we had all done it ur so lucky you got away with it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh yeah I remember I did the group discussion one and didn't even say anything so got no mark.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah I remember I did the group discussion one and didn't even say anything so got no mark.
    haha reallyy,,in mine we were all trying to be the main speaker when ever the teacher came so we could get a higher mark.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    haha reallyy,,in mine we were all trying to be the main speaker when ever the teacher came so we could get a higher mark.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ours was one group at a time and I was in a group with 3 loud, bossy girls. I think I got 1 or 2 lines in but that's all

ReputationRep:
    Ours was one group at a time and I was in a group with 3 loud, bossy girls. I think I got 1 or 2 lines in but that's all
    we all did ours at the same time and i was with 2 guys, me and one guy were having most of the convo and then when the teacher came the other guy tried to be the main speaker but we were all trying loool it was funny cos i think she could tell what we were all doing.
    I was soo quiet in the drama one cos i didnt know what to say i was one of the main characters aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    we all did ours at the same time and i was with 2 guys, me and one guy were having most of the convo and then when the teacher came the other guy tried to be the main speaker but we were all trying loool it was funny cos i think she could tell what we were all doing.
    I was soo quiet in the drama one cos i didnt know what to say i was one of the main characters aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was the main guy and I just made it up as I went along. I didn't have a clue.

ReputationRep:
    I was the main guy and I just made it up as I went along. I didn't have a clue.
    haha yhh i think thats what everyone does, some are better at improvising than others

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    haha yhh i think thats what everyone does, some are better at improvising than others

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did all of my English Language in Year 10 and got a B, probably my only B so it's kinda disappointing. Probably would have got an A if I did it in Year 11.

ReputationRep:
    Im so confused

ReputationRep:
    Did all of my English Language in Year 10 and got a B, probably my only B so it's kinda disappointing. Probably would have got an A if I did it in Year 11.
    Lool I get mostly Bs in my subjects, how come you did it all in year 10

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.