Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    yesterday I got my rook pierced! i think it looks nice and ill like it way more when its healed

however when I clean it it doesnt feel like im really cleaning the whole thing because its in a tight place

so does anyone know any good aftercare methods/techniques, preferably ones that reduce the pain/bruising or speed up the healing process? thanks in advance!!

ReputationRep:
    heres a photo!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    How painful was it? Thinking of getting mine done but if it was anything like my diath I may rethink! In terms of cleaning, there really is nothing better than hot water and rock salt. This will help reduce the swelling which will in turn help reduce pain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimeepascoewho?)
    How painful was it? Thinking of getting mine done but if it was anything like my diath I may rethink! In terms of cleaning, there really is nothing better than hot water and rock salt. This will help reduce the swelling which will in turn help reduce pain
    initially it was like intense pressure, then yesterday I accidentally knocked it and it hurt LOADS, today it's fine though
    thanks a lot!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a rook too. If it's tight I find it's easiest to clean after showering/having a bath

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aw I'm so jealous. I want a rook but can't have any more piercings for my job

Best way to clean it is to stick your entire ear in a bowl of warm water with rock salt. It's messy but really helps sooth the area and fight infection.

Looks amazing btw!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natashaaarr)
    I have a rook too. If it's tight I find it's easiest to clean after showering/having a bath

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks ill try it now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    Aw I'm so jealous. I want a rook but can't have any more piercings for my job

Best way to clean it is to stick your entire ear in a bowl of warm water with rock salt. It's messy but really helps sooth the area and fight infection.

Looks amazing btw!
    thank you haha I just found out we get jewellery checks for the new job I'm starting, I'll try Hide this one really well 8)

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.