Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

This Is Sick! Jude Forces Vasectomy Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ficulties.html

High Court judge makes legal history after sanctioning sterilisation of a disabled man, 36, because it is in his 'best interests'

ReputationRep:
    Did you even read the article? He WANTED it.

fter hearing that DE does not want to become a father again, and another child could cause him 'psychological harm'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenP)
    Did you even read the article? He WANTED it.
    He did not want it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shanej13)
    He did not want it
    That's not what the article seems to suggest. I think you have been trapped into the sensationalism of the Daily Fail.

ReputationRep:
    You mean, there's one less way we can legally and knowingly create disabled babies? Oh no! All those terrible lives that'll no longer be lived. Boo legal system. We want more disabled people.

ReputationRep:
    "Jude Forces Vasectomy"

hey jude, don't make me sad,
    take my man parts and make them lesser,
    remember to cut into my tubes,
    then DE will feel much better
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    He did not want it
    "Mrs Justice Eleanor King, sitting in the Court of Protection in London, ruled that sterilisation could take place after hearing that DE does not want to become a father again"

"... measures were taken to ensure there was no further pregnancy, with DE, who did not wish to have more children..."

"The evidence, in the Official Solicitors' submission, is compelling that DE does want to have a vasectomy..."

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why it the man and not the women who has to be sterilised? Time to start electing judges, power without responsibility is unacceptable and I hope this poor man takes his case the that awful court in Strasbourg although since he isn't a criminal I don't have hopes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wildrover)
    Why it the man and not the women who has to be sterilised? Time to start electing judges, power without responsibility is unacceptable and I hope this poor man takes his case the that awful court in Strasbourg although since he isn't a criminal I don't have hopes.
    Yes! I know what it is like to be sterilised technically and no man wants that!

ReputationRep:
    Dat anti-Semitic Freudian slip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    "Mrs Justice Eleanor King, sitting in the Court of Protection in London, ruled that sterilisation could take place after hearing that DE does not want to become a father again"

"... measures were taken to ensure there was no further pregnancy, with DE, who did not wish to have more children..."

"The evidence, in the Official Solicitors' submission, is compelling that DE does want to have a vasectomy..."

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying they do, what I'm saying is that the article implies that it was his choice to have one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    I'm not saying they do, what I'm saying is that the article implies that it was his choice to have one

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If he has severe learning disabilities then he won't understand what the procedure is and could be suggested into it. No man wants to be sniped
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    If he has severe learning disabilities then he won't understand what the procedure is and could be suggested into it. No man wants to be sniped
    Potentially accurate, I'm just going by what the article actually says

However, considering men have the procedure voluntarily, I think it's a bit extreme to say no man wants it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If the man wants sterilisation then... Why is this even news? I don't understand. Why did this have to even go to court? Does every man who wants a vasectomy go to court?

ReputationRep:
    This Is Sick! Jude Forces Vasectomy'
    Who is Jude?

And specifically, what are your objections?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)
    If the man wants sterilisation then... Why is this even news? I don't understand. Why did this have to even go to court? Does every man who wants a vasectomy go to court?
    Because he does not have a choice because he has learning difficulties. It's not something most men want! I know first hand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MostUncivilised)
    Who is Jude?

And specifically, what are your objections?
    Judge sorry ahaha. That he should not be forced to be sterilised

ReputationRep:
    Kind of laughed hard at these top comments:

He doesn't want another baby, he wants a sexual unsupervised relationship with his girlfriend but he can't consent. Well done judge for restoring this man's quality of life to be as best it can be. Hats off to you.
    Anyone thinking that a rape case would be brought to court if a guy had a mentally disabled girlfriend who doesn't even have the mental capacity to decide whether or not to have a child in this exact scenario?

I think so.

Having read several articles on this case I think the judge has most definitely put the welfare of the man first. If only judges could IMPOSE this sentence on rapists, pedophiles and serial dead beat unemployed impregnators.
    Yup let's not forget that it's the women who make the choice to get pregnant right? :rolleyes: With the amount of birth control and options available to women I refuse to believe that any woman can fall pregnant accidentally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)
    His mental disability means he doesn't have the capacity to make the decision

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.