Turn on thread page Beta

Do you think maybe you're kidding yourselves? watch

• View Poll Results: Pick one.
    Yes, I believe that I have made myself believe some papers to be more difficult than they actually were
    41.51%
    No, I do not believe that I have made myself believe some papers to be more difficult than they actually were
    58.49%

ReputationRep:
    I really have mixed feelings about all of the exams, sometimes i can convince myself that i have done well but the majority of the time i think i have under achieved. August 24th is going to be a very sad/happy strange day for me, i am dreading it but looking forward to it. Just dont want to be dissapointed, i think whatever i get i will regret certain things like not revising harder for science. c'est la vie.

ReputationRep:
    I guess we will all have regrets in one way or another on 24th, unless ofcourse someone ends up with 100% in everything which I really doubt.

But don't worry, it really seems like you care which also means you worked, and your results will reflect that.

Still have a science to study for..make sure you dont regret that one

ReputationRep:
    Obviously some exams went better than others for me, and it's going to be hard to judge as everyone has different personal opinions.

But I do think that the bar has been raised on the overall difficulty of the papers when compared to papers from the last few years - not by much, but a little, though there are of course exceptions. Whether this is an attempt to quash media rumours about the easiness of GCSEs remains to be seen; if the grade boundaries are lowered to "compensate" then nothing really has changed.

ReputationRep:
    I just consider anything hard if I wasnt quite confident I got 100%
    Im so scared of not getting good grades I hate saying something was easy

ReputationRep:
    Most have been easier i'd say, or at least equal bar Maths.

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably kidding my self that i've done amazingly well and acheived a dozen A*'s when the reality will be very different, ah well, keeps me happy for 2 months lol.

ReputationRep:
    I tend to be more pessimistic and convince myself that I have done really bad
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by SophieSomething)
    So my question is, and please don't be offended by it, do you believe that you're kidding yourselves with some of these exams?
    Of course they're harder. You don't have half the pressure with past papers.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I'm not sure I guess people do say it as a way of reassuring themselves or others around them.
    However I found my Maths and Co-Sci CIE IGCSE Papers much easier this year than any other. Though Edexcel GCSE English Lit. was a lot harder for me and I definitely think it was a harder paper than other years.

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.