Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've just got back what Student Finance will be paying me and the university.

It says that they will pay £3,465 tuition fees but as far as I know the tuition fees for my course are alot higher than that. I applied for the maximum tuition loan but it says I am only entitled to this much? My parents dont exactly earn alot so I'm not sure why I would be entitled to less.

(Original post by CohenMacdonald)
    So I've just got back what Student Finance will be paying me and the university.

It says that they will pay £3,465 tuition fees but as far as I know the tuition fees for my course are alot higher than that. I applied for the maximum tuition loan but it says I am only entitled to this much? My parents dont exactly earn alot so I'm not sure why I would be entitled to less.
    Are you a continuing student or are you starting your first year?

If you are a first year, I am sure they made a mistake, as this is the tuition fee for anyone who started uni in 2011... (before the student fee hike)

If you are in doubt, give Student Finance a call. I had a minor issue today, and it was all resolved within 10 minutes!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Your tuition fee loan isn't based on your parents income.

ReputationRep:
    Are you Welsh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiringwhatever)
    Are you a continuing student or are you starting your first year?

If you are a first year, I am sure they made a mistake, as this is the tuition fee for anyone who started uni in 2011... (before the student fee hike)

If you are in doubt, give Student Finance a call. I had a minor issue today, and it was all resolved within 10 minutes!

I'm starting my first year, I'll give them a call thanks for your time!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.