Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Portsmouth Uni - Private Accommodation/Seeking flats to rent/House-mates Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

I accepted Portsmouth as an insurance place and now have no accommodation.
    I need to find accommodation and ideally was looking for a room-mate (single sex only sorry) but would'nt mind sharing with 3 people as long everyone can clean up after their mess, pulls their weight around the house/flat etc.

If anyone is in a similar position then then let me know. I'm generally a bubbly person, always up for a laugh but really like to get on my studies!

All in all i just dont know how to go abouts searching for accom. I called various agents today and all the properties were taken. I will be attending the housing event on 31 Aug but am not sure what to expect! How can they help you find house mates? Anyone else going along?

& Apparently there is a facebook page advertising accom but i can't find it. Anyone know of it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in group of 3 girls, looking for a 4th to share with us. We have viewed the property and seems good for the price and in a quite good location with shops etc nearby. It's just over a mile from the main uni area, but there's a uni bus stop at the end of the road.

You say you're bubbley, are you a party animal or stay in with a film and pizza person ?
    What subject are you studying ?
    Do you mind having a joint tenancy contract ?
    Are you ok paying a £300 deposit in the next week or two (we're looking to sort this out ASAP before everyone starts looking and before the 31st) ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nic-nac)
    I'm in group of 3 girls, looking for a 4th to share with us. We have viewed the property and seems good for the price and in a quite good location with shops etc nearby. It's just over a mile from the main uni area, but there's a uni bus stop at the end of the road.

You say you're bubbley, are you a party animal or stay in with a film and pizza person ?
    Are you ok paying a £300 deposit in the next week or two (we're looking to sort this out ASAP before everyone starts looking and before the 31st) ?
    Hi, I seem to be in the same situation as the both of you. Looking for flatmates in Portsmouth and completely lost. I'm Charlotte from London and going to study Law, Id consider myself outgoing and fun and always up for going out for a drink but will work hard at studying when I need to. If you guys are still looking for housemates I'm up for having a chat and seeing whats what. Good luck in your search and jw how did you book onto the event for finding flats on the 31st?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nic-nac)

Hi,

I like to stay in with a film (I love movies!) but go out when the mood takes me lol. I'm down to earth and easy to have a laugh with .

Deposit seems okay and I'm studying accounting so I get down to my studies when needs be!

If you're still looking for another person then let me know.

My sis studies quantity surveying so she can check the house out to make sure everything's fine and the contract is in tact etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19, been living abroad for the past 2 years, know how to look after myself, independent and used to living with people... Outgoing, bubbly, confident and fun. I'm down, message me

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.