Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Donating hair for Cancer Watch

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done this?
    I want to donate my hair soon but I was wondering if I should do it myself or go to the hairdresser, do I just tell my hairdresser what I want done and they'll do it?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I've done this, I gave my hair to the princess charity. I got my hairdresser to do it, and she knew what she was doing as she's done it before. She put my hair in a plait, chopped it of and gave it to me in a ziplock bag to send off and then cut and styled my hair as usual. Hairdresser is the best way to go as they know what they're doing. As soon as my hair is long enough again I'm going for the big chop again, it's very rewarding and short hair is refreshing after having such long thick hair as mine weighing down on your head!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlieguava)
    Yes, I've done this, I gave my hair to the princess charity. I got my hairdresser to do it, and she knew what she was doing as she's done it before. She put my hair in a plait, chopped it of and gave it to me in a ziplock bag to send off and then cut and styled my hair as usual. Hairdresser is the best way to go as they know what they're doing. As soon as my hair is long enough again I'm going for the big chop again, it's very rewarding and short hair is refreshing after having such long thick hair as mine weighing down on your head!
    That's amazing and thanks! can't wait to get mine done now.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.