Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Had my driving test today.

You would never believe what happened to me. I have a medical condition (Hemiplegic Migraine) which can affect me whenever through my day to day life, but I don't let it keep me from going on. I made DSA aware of my condition thinking that it would be taken into consideration and that the examiner would have done her research to know what she would be dealing with. To my dismay she obviously didn't even know what it was about. Already needing to concentrate on so much she chose to ask me what it consists of when I was sitting in the driving seat awaiting instructions. I explained to her that it affects me in various ways but when I feel the effects (aurora) coming on I usually pull over over and rest until I feel better. I was told that If I felt tired that I needed to say.
    Anyway to cut a long story short she failed me saying that I did not do my observations when I come up to a junction for which I was not amused to say the least. Why? Because it was a lie which she chose to put in at the last minute after the test was completed and I was stationary. My instructor was shocked, baffled and upset to say the least considering what she said after the examiner had gone (thank God I had her sitting in the back) and completely disagreed.
    I remember my instructor saying to (prior to my test) me that "the one thing I know you won't be having problems with is your observation". Why, because I always without fail do my observations and do them properly. I also make it pretty obvious that I am doing them. On the first half of my independent driving I followed instructions as stated. On the last part of the independent driving I started to get confused (which is what happens sometimes due to my condition) so I took the wrong turnings (but did so safely). The examiner started to get annoyed and told me to pull over at a specific stop point. She indeed did let me have it (you have to learn to follow directions, I've got a lot more to do, etc....!!!!). I didn't take it on and my brain was not in a state to do so. So I concluded at the end that even though we waited almost 15 minutes later than I should have for her to come out of the office to start my test, I was not allowed to make mistakes (RE: directions) that would add to her time as she had other things to do. Also I cannot comprehend for the life of me how can you observe someone when you, as the examiner, is paring through the left mirror and I'm looking at the back of your head because I'm doing my observations, see that I have done said observations when you weren't looking.

I believe I should appeal. However reading the appeal process and knowing the dishonest treatment and victimisation that goes with whistle blowing. I'm starting to think it's not worth my time. I find extremely crazy that one has to make an application to the courts when usually the government would say the first port of call before going to court is following the company's complaint procedure. Then if all else fails court action is viable.

Now i will have to do over my theory as it runs out this week and do a practical test, which I will not be doing at the same centre. I am not angry and that I am happy about. Neither am I sad or disheartened. It's only the irrelevant financial burden it is going place on me.

To all those who have a disability, NEVER let it or anyone keep you from achieving in life.

I thought it really funny and I won't let because of her I believe that I have failed. I know I passed and that's all that matters.

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP TO THE SKY AND ALWAYS BELIEVE IN GOD AND YOURSELF!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlwaysBlessed)
    Had my driving test today.

You would never believe what happened to me. I have a medical condition (Hemiplegic Migraine) which can affect me whenever through my day to day life, but I don't let it keep me from going on. I made DSA aware of my condition thinking that it would be taken into consideration and that the examiner would have done her research to know what she would be dealing with. To my dismay she obviously didn't even know what it was about. Already needing to concentrate on so much she chose to ask me what it consists of when I was sitting in the driving seat awaiting instructions. I explained to her that it affects me in various ways but when I feel the effects (aurora) coming on I usually pull over over and rest until I feel better. I was told that If I felt tired that I needed to say.
    Anyway to cut a long story short she failed me saying that I did not do my observations when I come up to a junction for which I was not amused to say the least. Why? Because it was a lie which she chose to put in at the last minute after the test was completed and I was stationary. My instructor was shocked, baffled and upset to say the least considering what she said after the examiner had gone (thank God I had her sitting in the back) and completely disagreed.
    I remember my instructor saying to (prior to my test) me that "the one thing I know you won't be having problems with is your observation". Why, because I always without fail do my observations and do them properly. I also make it pretty obvious that I am doing them. On the first half of my independent driving I followed instructions as stated. On the last part of the independent driving I started to get confused (which is what happens sometimes due to my condition) so I took the wrong turnings (but did so safely). The examiner started to get annoyed and told me to pull over at a specific stop point. She indeed did let me have it (you have to learn to follow directions, I've got a lot more to do, etc....!!!!). I didn't take it on and my brain was not in a state to do so. So I concluded at the end that even though we waited almost 15 minutes later than I should have for her to come out of the office to start my test, I was not allowed to make mistakes (RE: directions) that would add to her time as she had other things to do. Also I cannot comprehend for the life of me how can you observe someone when you, as the examiner, is paring through the left mirror and I'm looking at the back of your head because I'm doing my observations, see that I have done said observations when you weren't looking.

I believe I should appeal. However reading the appeal process and knowing the dishonest treatment and victimisation that goes with whistle blowing. I'm starting to think it's not worth my time. I find extremely crazy that one has to make an application to the courts when usually the government would say the first port of call before going to court is following the company's complaint procedure. Then if all else fails court action is viable.

Now i will have to do over my theory as it runs out this week and do a practical test, which I will not be doing at the same centre. I am not angry and that I am happy about. Neither am I sad or disheartened. It's only the irrelevant financial burden it is going place on me.

To all those who have a disability, NEVER let it or anyone keep you from achieving in life.

I thought it really funny and I won't let because of her I believe that I have failed. I know I passed and that's all that matters.

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP TO THE SKY AND ALWAYS BELIEVE IN GOD AND YOURSELF!!!!!!!
    Hope you pass your driving test the next time-I'm glad you didn't let the dishonesty of the examiner put a damper on your spirits. And karma has a funny way of coming back around, in terms of the examiner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvasiveRose)
    Hope you pass your driving test the next time-I'm glad you didn't let the dishonesty of the examiner put a damper on your spirits. And karma has a funny way of coming back around, in terms of the examiner
    Thank you very much. It's very kind of you to say. It surely does....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlwaysBlessed)
    Thank you very much. It's very kind of you to say. It surely does....
    No worries and I wasn't being kind just honest
    And welcome to the :tsr:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.