The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Are my AS grades good enough?

I am hoping to study English Literature at Kings starting in September 2014 but I am unsure if the grades I achieved yesterday are good enough. I was slightly disappointed but I know I can improve them next year. I got an A in English Lit, an A in English Language, B in Medieval History and C in Politics. Do I stand a chance of getting in? Thanks.
Original post by ben.182
I am hoping to study English Literature at Kings starting in September 2014 but I am unsure if the grades I achieved yesterday are good enough. I was slightly disappointed but I know I can improve them next year. I got an A in English Lit, an A in English Language, B in Medieval History and C in Politics. Do I stand a chance of getting in? Thanks.

Yes, you do- Just work hard for your second year and try to pull your Medieval History up to an A. Looking at the King's website their typical entry offer is AAA for the English Lang and Lit course + the comparative literature course
Believe in youself and good luck :ciao:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by EvasiveRose
Yes, you do- Just work hard for your second year and try to pull your Medieval History up to an A. Looking at the King's website their typical entry offer is AAA for the English Lang and Lit course + the comparative literature course
Believe in youself and good luck :ciao:

Thank you! I wasn't far from an A in History anyway :smile: It seems the marking for this year was especially harsh.
Original post by ben.182
Thank you! I wasn't far from an A in History anyway :smile: It seems the marking for this year was especially harsh.

Then, if you work as hard as you did this year with just a little bit more effort, I think that A in History is yours for the taking:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest