Swansea City AFC vs Manchester United FC
    FA Barclay's Premier League Matchday 1
    Saturday August 17, 2013 @ 17:30
    Liberty Stadium, Swansea

Previous all-time league record

United wins - 9
    Swansea wins - 6
    Draws - 5

• This game marks David Moyes' first league match as manager of Manchester United FC
    • Swansea have brought in several new players this summer already including Jonjo Shelvey from Liverpool, and Wilfried Bony for £12m from Vitesse.
    • Manchester United new signing Wilfried Zaha is expected to play. Wayne Rooney is fit although whether he features or not remains to be seen. Javier Hernandez and Rafael are ruled out with injury.
    • United have not lost to Swansea in the Premier League in four attempts
    • The last meeting between the sides ended 2-1 to United on May 12th of this year. The match marked Alex Ferguson's final Premier League game at Old Trafford.
    • Manchester United forward Robin Van Persie almost died in this fixture last season.

ReputationRep:
    So come on David Moyes
    Play like Fergie's boy
    We go wild wild wild!
    We go wild wild wild!

(Original post by IanDangerously)
    • Manchester United forward Robin Van Persie almost died in this fixture last season.
    Lol

Hoping to see a start for at least one of Shinji and Adnan

ReputationRep:
    Whilst RVP almost died;

Vidic tried to kill himself;

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to this, we (Swansea) have already had a couple of competitive games under our belts and pulled in some quality signings. Could be a real chance for us to get the 3.

Imagine RVP will be booed

ReputationRep:
    3-2 United

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Looking forward to this, we (Swansea) have already had a couple of competitive games under our belts and pulled in some quality signings. Could be a real chance for us to get the 3.

Imagine RVP will be booed
    Better to be booed than killed!

"Robin Van Persie's very lucky to be even alive, what that player did today is the most horrendous act I've seen for a long, long time. For many years. He should be banned by the FA, they've got to look into it ... that was really, really disgraceful what he did today"

"He could've been killed. Irrespective of him having a yellow card he should be banned for a long, long time because that was the most dangerous thing I have seen on a football field for many, many years."

Ferguson does make me laugh at times, he's so ridiculous. I'm looking forward to the game as well though ... it'll be a tough one but United need to hit the ground running this year and thus far we've been atrocious in pre-season. Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Predicting 2-0 United. Van Persie and Ronaldo Fabregas Giggs
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    1-1 I reckon. Can't see many sides going to Swansea and winning this season.

Think it's worth noting as well that Sky are doing a promotion where SS1 is free to view for the day, so people would be able to watch this on Freeview or if they don't have Sky Sports.

ReputationRep:
    2-1 win to United. RvP brace.

Hoping to see Zaha start.

ReputationRep:
    2-0 to Swansea. Moyes realises he's can't step in and expect the SAF era winning mentality by default.

ReputationRep:
    Hope fabio starts at RB but think Moyes will play it safe with Jones. Interested to see how we line up in central midfield

(Original post by sr90)
    Think it's worth noting as well that Sky are doing a promotion where SS1 is free to view for the day, so people would be able to watch this on Freeview or if they don't have Sky Sports.
    Yep it's on Pick TV

ReputationRep:
    Team prediction? I'm going for ...

-----------------De Gea---------------
    ---Smalling----Vidic----Evans---Evra---
    ------------Jones----Carrick-----------
    ----Valencia----Kagawa--------Giggs---
    ---------------Van Persie--------------

Subs: Lindegaard, Ferdinand, Anderson, Rooney, Cleverley, Zaha, Januzaj

ReputationRep:
    I think

De Gea
    Jones Vidic Evans Evra
    Carrick
    Cleverley Anderson
    Zaha Van Persie Giggs

ReputationRep:
    What I'd like to see;

De Gea
    Jones Vidic Evans Evra
    Carrick Cleverley
    Valencia Kagawa Welbeck
    RVP

I say Welbeck because his confidence might be high after scoring for England. Maybe he can hit some run of form? If Kagawa is poor and not creating anything we will have to throw Rooney on, but I wouldn't mind Januzaj getting 20 minutes. I just hope we don't put Anderson on.

Edit: As for score prediction, I'm going for a 2-1 win. I think it will be extremely tough, but I can see RVP bagging at least one goal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    x
    Victoria Justice in your sig? :sexface:

Anyway I think this will be a really good game, wouldn't be surprised with a Swansea win, they look good.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going for a score-draw - 2-2. Swansea have had EL qualifiers so abit more time to settle in their new signings before the season begins so think it'll be an exciting game.

DDG
    Jones, Vidic, Evans, Evra
    Carrick, Cleverley
    Valencia, Kagawa, Giggs
    RVP

Maybe he'll out Fabio in RB and Jones alongside Carrick to help neutralise Swansea's threat through the middle.

ReputationRep:
    Starting XI: de Gea, Jones, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Cleverley, Welbeck, Valencia, Giggs, van Persie.

Subs: Lindegaard, Anderson, Rooney, Smalling, Fabio, Kagawa, Zaha

No major surprises.

ReputationRep:
    DDG
    Jones, Rio, Vidic, Evra
    Carrick, Cleverley
    Valencia, Giggs, Welbeck
    RVP

Lind, Smalling, Fabio, Ando, Kagawa, Zaha, Rooney

It has been too long :excited:

ReputationRep:
    I'd be quite impressed if United won this. Assuming it'll be draw, score draw.

ReputationRep:
    van persie hat-trick, book it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 25, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.