Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can't decide - New York or Turkey? Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Which holiday should I pick?
    New York
    62.50%
    Turkey
    37.50%

ReputationRep:
    Basically, in the last week of September before uni starts again, some of my friends are booking to go on a tour to see New York (all the main highlights) and some other friends are going on a cruise round the Turkish coast. They both sound amazing but I'm not sure which holiday to go on. I have to decide before the end of next week and haven't visited either.

Anyone been to either of those places? Is 4 days long enough to see New York in, or should I opt for a week cruising round Turkey instead? The Turkish trip is actually cheaper, though I'm not sure what either are like in September. I was thinking of visiting NY at Christmas instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sloaney Pony)
    Basically, in the last week of September before uni starts again, some of my friends are booking to go on a tour to see New York (all the main highlights) and some other friends are going on a cruise round the Turkish coast. They both sound amazing but I'm not sure which holiday to go on. I have to decide before the end of next week and haven't visited either.

Anyone been to either of those places? Is 4 days long enough to see New York in, or should I opt for a week cruising round Turkey instead? The Turkish trip is actually cheaper, though I'm not sure what either are like in September. I was thinking of visiting NY at Christmas instead.
    Hey! I got back from turkey a couple of weeks ago, and I went to new York last year.

I'd say that you should go on the Turkish cruise - unless you squeeze in 3-4 New York attractions in a day (which would be exhausting!), 4 days wouldn't be enough. And turkey is amazing!

Also, if you go to New York around Christmas time, you can go ice skating outside the Rockefeller Centre and see the ball drop in Times Square

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WannaGetAnA)
    Hey! I got back from turkey a couple of weeks ago, and I went to new York last year.

I'd say that you should go on the Turkish cruise - unless you squeeze in 3-4 New York attractions in a day (which would be exhausting!), 4 days wouldn't be enough. And turkey is amazing!

Also, if you go to New York around Christmas time, you can go ice skating outside the Rockefeller Centre and see the ball drop in Times Square

Thanks I think the New York trip is one of those tours that tries to pack everything in, I'm not sure if it would be feasible in 4 days though. I have the entire week off so if I do choose NY I'll hang around for a bit on my own after the tour ends and explore the city solo.

Where did you go in Turkey? The cruise does seem pretty awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sloaney Pony)
    Thanks I think the New York trip is one of those tours that tries to pack everything in, I'm not sure if it would be feasible in 4 days though. I have the entire week off so if I do choose NY I'll hang around for a bit on my own after the tour ends and explore the city solo.

Where did you go in Turkey? The cruise does seem pretty awesome
    I went to Istanbul, and it was amazing! I had so much fun my friend is in marmaris right now and she's really enjoying herself

Whereabouts in turkey would you be going to?

I'd pick NYC over Turkey any day, 4 days isn't enough to see anything no matter what city you go to.

ReputationRep:
      I wouldn't fancy an organised tour of nyc. Might as well go on your own and show yourself around in your own time imo.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.