The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

A question for Law students

I've got my confirmation of a place at Kent now but I never got to go to any open days at Kent so I'm sort of in the dark about many things.

When should I buy books I'll need for the course? Most places tell me not to buy every book on the reading list and to ask older students which ones are worthwhile. Also, perhaps more importantly, when do we get our reading lists?

Also when I subtract my accommodation from the amount of money I'll be getting from Student Finance I'm left over with like 2k tops and I'm not sure if that's livable lol. Also do I have to pay for accommodation upfront? Or is it split into smaller sums like the student loans?

What are the chances of me getting an en suite room? I don't think I could handle having to share my bathroom with a bunch of complete strangers, but maybe it's just me being weird and it's not a problem for other people...

I've read up on the online enrolment stuff but I'm still waiting for some emails from Kent which will hopefully explain stuff because my sixth form has basically told me nothing about University past UCAS..
Reply 1
Hello, I am selling all of my first year Law books for Criminal Law, Contract Law, The English Legal System/Legal Foundations and Constitutional and Administrative Law for a good price. If anyone is interested please message me. Thank you, Helen.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending