Bristol
    40.00%
    Manchester
    20.00%
    Sheffield
    40.00%

ReputationRep:
    Hi everybody!
    I'm an egyptian high school student who is considering to study Engineering in the UK. However, I'm having hard time to decide which universities should I choose. I'm considering Aerospace engineering, and on my UCAS application I've put Cambridge, Oxford and Imperial College. But I'm unable to decide what plan B universities should I choose. Each one has its pros and cons. I really like Manchester, the city and the university, and it has the highest ranking on QS and Time but lower on the guardian. Bristol is also good and in the fourth year your project is assessed by airbus, and it has the highest ranking on the guardian. On the other hand Sheffield has the highest amount of scholarships offered to international students and it has excellent connections with airbus, boeing and Rolls-Royce. But Sheffield has the lowest ranking on qs, time and the guardian. Manchester hasn't stated any information about connections with companies. Hence now my head is really messed up.:confused:
    If anyone knows why should I pick any of the universities instead of another then please help me. If anyone has a certain privilege over the other (e.g scholarships, prestige, labs, industrial connections,etc.) then please point them out. Also do the rankings deserve that I should follow them up or not?
    Thanks in advance:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakr(The Falcon))
    Hi everybody!
    I'm an egyptian high school student who is considering to study Engineering in the UK. However, I'm having hard time to decide which universities should I choose. I'm considering Aerospace engineering, and on my UCAS application I've put Cambridge, Oxford and Imperial College. But I'm unable to decide what plan B universities should I choose. ]
    just a quick note; Cam & Oxf don't do aerospace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a10)
    just a quick note; Cam & Oxf don't do aerospace.
    Cambridge does have aerospace, you apply for engineering then you specialize during the third and fourth year in aerospace (check the modules). Oxford doesn't have aerospace but it is the only university which offers full scholarships for international students.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.