The Student Room Group

A*A*A*

Hi guys,
I'm really, really stuck. Yesterday, I have opened my results and I couldn't believe my eyes - 3 A*s in GCEs English Language, Business Studies and Psychology A. I have my offer for International Business with Management at Aston University (conditional AAB), but now I'm wondering whether I should go into adjustment. But what uni? I also have another A* in A-level Polish. Aston has a great reputation for its business school and has one of the best placement years in the UK. Do you have any suggestions what other unis I could possibly choose? I'd prefer to go for International Business with placement year but I'm open for other suggestions.

Thanks in advance, I'm really stuck and time is passing!
well done
Reply 2
Take a gap year and reapply next year to the 'better' Universities you want to go?
I'm not too sure. Go for it with adjustment (nothing to lose) but I doubt you'll find a much better uni than Aston - it's got a great business course, and the fact that you're doing three 'non-facilitating subjects' may make you unattractive to some unis (though congratulations on your amazing grades)

Just ring up anywhere with a good reputation where the course looks good.
Have you considered taking a gap year and reapplying to a Russell Group sort of uni?
Reply 5
I don't know whether I want to 'waste' a year...
Reply 6
Original post by CubePL
I don't know whether I want to 'waste' a year...

I've never heard of someone who hasn't enjoyed a gap year. It doesn't sound like a waste.
Reply 7
That's amazing, well done! :biggrin:

You could definitely apply to a better uni if you wanted. If you don't want to, then you still have a good choice :smile:
Reply 8
If you would suggest 'the better universities', which would would you single out?
For business related degrees I'd think quite a few of the 'big' London universities, Warwick, maybe Manchester
Reply 10
Original post by Red Fox
Take a gap year and reapply next year to the 'better' Universities you want to go?

if you are doing this OP, I'd check with the unis to see if they're okay with the subjects you got those grades in
Your grades would easily take you to one of the top universities, so apply to one of them

Quick Reply

Latest