The Student Room Group

What do I need to bring?

Long story short, I've somehow managed to get into Uni after a massive cluster**** year in terms of personal business. It's all up from here...

What do I need to bring with me? Stationary, cutlery, that sort of thing. The essentials. I've had a look at TSR's checklist of stuff and it's really daunting. :rolleyes:
Original post by FlickerWick
Long story short, I've somehow managed to get into Uni after a massive cluster**** year in terms of personal business. It's all up from here...

What do I need to bring with me? Stationary, cutlery, that sort of thing. The essentials. I've had a look at TSR's checklist of stuff and it's really daunting. :rolleyes:

Hey, firstly massive congrats! :smile:

You say you've had a look at the TSR checklist? Brilliant, it will be hard to find a more comprhensive list! :wink: It's not a be all and end all though, you certainly don't need everything on there. The main areas to look at though are:

Clothes (obviously)!

Bedding - but make sure you know what your uni provides before forking out - i.e. they may give you pillows or blankets or whatever.

Tech - stuff like your phone, a laptop/PC, whatever nice things you might like. Extension leads are also a good bet.

Kitchen - if you're in self-catered halls (or partly self-catered), then do check what the uni provides you with. Again, you don't want to be forking out. As a general rule of thumb though, you'll probably need to bring along some plates and cutlery. If you'r catered, you may not need anything!

Stationary - Very important. I can't really say much more than the TSR guide - but take stuff suited to your method of studying. So don't buy highlighters if you never use them, or a calculator if you're doing French. :p:

Food - Don't take this with you, as it takes up room. However, so you're not completely stranded take your parents to the local supermarket and do a massive food shop with them, at their expense :wink:

Sensible stuff for living away from home, like medicines and all that.

Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest