Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Long story short, I've somehow managed to get into Uni after a massive cluster**** year in terms of personal business. It's all up from here...

What do I need to bring with me? Stationary, cutlery, that sort of thing. The essentials. I've had a look at TSR's checklist of stuff and it's really daunting. :rolleyes:

(Original post by FlickerWick)
      Long story short, I've somehow managed to get into Uni after a massive cluster**** year in terms of personal business. It's all up from here...

What do I need to bring with me? Stationary, cutlery, that sort of thing. The essentials. I've had a look at TSR's checklist of stuff and it's really daunting. :rolleyes:
      Hey, firstly massive congrats!

You say you've had a look at the TSR checklist? Brilliant, it will be hard to find a more comprhensive list! It's not a be all and end all though, you certainly don't need everything on there. The main areas to look at though are:
      • Clothes (obviously)!
      • Bedding - but make sure you know what your uni provides before forking out - i.e. they may give you pillows or blankets or whatever.
      • Tech - stuff like your phone, a laptop/PC, whatever nice things you might like. Extension leads are also a good bet.
      • Kitchen - if you're in self-catered halls (or partly self-catered), then do check what the uni provides you with. Again, you don't want to be forking out. As a general rule of thumb though, you'll probably need to bring along some plates and cutlery. If you'r catered, you may not need anything!
      • Stationary - Very important. I can't really say much more than the TSR guide - but take stuff suited to your method of studying. So don't buy highlighters if you never use them, or a calculator if you're doing French. :p:
      • Food - Don't take this with you, as it takes up room. However, so you're not completely stranded take your parents to the local supermarket and do a massive food shop with them, at their expense
      • Sensible stuff for living away from home, like medicines and all that.

Hope that helps!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.