The Student Room Group

Adjustment regret

I regret using adjustment and confirming a new offer, is there any chance of getting my old offer back?
Reply 1
Original post by aquadream_
I regret using adjustment and confirming a new offer, is there any chance of getting my old offer back?

Which University was your original choice and where did you transfer to?
Reply 2
i dont think so OP:redface:
Reply 3
Original post by Maths94
Which University was your original choice and where did you transfer to?

PM'ed you
Reply 4
why do you regret it?
Reply 5
my original was better than the one i swapped to.
I think it will be a difficult process. Your best bet would probably be to ring UCAS and see what you would have to do.

I would imagine though you'd have to ring up your firm university, ask for your old place back, and get your new place to release you. Your firm may not be willing to hold the place though, and your new place may take a while to release you, so you might be stuck.
Reply 7
Original post by aquadream_

probably not, you may or may not be able to reject this offer and go into clearing and then phone up your original choice to see if they'll have you back? I'm not sure

What's wrong with your new choice though, presumably it's a "better" university?
Reply 8
No on ucas it specifically says you can't swap back but call them and see if they have a place free
Reply 9
Once you've 'adjusted', then your original offer is irretrievable. If your original choice of course is in clearing, then it may be possible that the uni is willing to take you back, but this would need to be negotiated with UCAS and could be a very arduous process. If you are desperate then give UCAS and both of the unis a call, but I'd imagine that you had your reasons for adjusting, so think this through carefully before making anymore decisions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending