Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. Just wanted to know what people's experiences are with Psychology at Goldsmiths? Going to an open day soon but just wanted to hear what other people thought of the degree and what the university is like.

Also, are they a university that can be lenient with grades? Say I got BBB and they required ABB/AAB, is there still a chance that I could get in granted I have a good personal statement etc? Obviously I know this depends on how many places they have left etc. but I would like to know if anyone have had any experiences with this.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I hope I can help! I applied for psychology course 2014, with predicted grades ABB, and was so happy when I received an offer! Unfortunately I only got ABC in the summer but sill got in!!! so I guess they can be lenient? But I was doing psychology and biology as two of my a-levels and I know unis like sciences for a psychology degree, so that probly helped! Good luck applying!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie777.)
    Hey I hope I can help! I applied for psychology course 2014, with predicted grades ABB, and was so happy when I received an offer! Unfortunately I only got ABC in the summer but sill got in!!! so I guess they can be lenient? But I was doing psychology and biology as two of my a-levels and I know unis like sciences for a psychology degree, so that probly helped! Good luck applying!!
    Great to hear you got in!

I'm going to resit some exams so will hopefully get ABB (already have BBC) so will apply to them then, with the A hopefully in psychology. By the way, did you have the B in maths that they say they require? I have a C so I'm a bit worried about that :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure ABB will get you in Erm yes got an A in Maths, but I'm sure they'll be more worried about your alevel grades!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Patched;44005903]Hi everyone. Just wanted to know what people's experiences are with Psychology at Goldsmiths? Going to an open day soon but just wanted to hear what other people thought of the degree and what the university is like.

Hi, I got a conditional offer from Goldsmiths for Psychology with Management starting September. How was your impression of the open day? Good to get some opinions...

ReputationRep:
    Hey how are you? I had received a conditional offer as well to do Psychology for this year. We have the same dilemma because I have never set foot to Goldsmiths although I have been to the rest of the universities I've applied to. I'm not that confident I'd get the grades they're looking for so yeah. limbo rock.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I got an invitation for an open day on the 24th. You too? I'm gonna look around then to see what it's like...
    I haven't visited a lot, what did you think of the unis you've been to?
    Come on that attitude won't get you the right grade! I'm sure you can do it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miri21)
    Hey, I got an invitation for an open day on the 24th. You too? I'm gonna look around then to see what it's like...
    I haven't visited a lot, what did you think of the unis you've been to?
    Come on that attitude won't get you the right grade! I'm sure you can do it!
    I've got an invitation for the Applicant Day on the 24th too. I went to an open day before so I'm not entirely sure if it's worth going to this or not! Are you going to go?

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna go as I didn't go to any open days. Guessing they show more course related things.. What did you see at the open day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miri21)
    I'm gonna go as I didn't go to any open days. Guessing they show more course related things.. What did you see at the open day?
    I'm going to go anyways well we had a tour of the university, saw some of the psychology facilities, met some of the lecturers and had a sample lecture. It was pretty good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charybde)
    I'm going to go anyways well we had a tour of the university, saw some of the psychology facilities, met some of the lecturers and had a sample lecture. It was pretty good!
    Cool, I'm excited now see you then!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm kinda in the same sitch as you. I've had an offer and an invitation for Friday, my predicted are ABB so I hope I can achieve that or better. Only thing is, none are sciences and I've never done psych for a school subject 0_0 coming on Friday on my own so I guess I'll float around and find out!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you're the only one with no science subject. you don't have to have done psych before and you got an offer, so you'll be fine!
    What do you guys think about accommodation? Staying home, or halls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gabs2211)
    Hey, I'm kinda in the same sitch as you. I've had an offer and an invitation for Friday, my predicted are ABB so I hope I can achieve that or better. Only thing is, none are sciences and I've never done psych for a school subject 0_0 coming on Friday on my own so I guess I'll float around and find out!
    Well if you've already got an offer then it doesn't matter what subjects you take just make sure you get those grades in your final exams!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.