Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone out there studying either of the two courses starting in september?
    And any previous students got any advice or opinions of either.
    Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meghann94)
    Anyone out there studying either of the two courses starting in september?
    And any previous students got any advice or opinions of either.
    Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Heyyy I'm going to be studying just English Literature

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah awesome! Are you in halls?

ReputationRep:
    I got in through Clearing which has actually worked out for the best because I visited yesterday and love it there! But.. No I'm not in halls YET. BSU said they've given out all of their accommodation offers but they're expected people to drop out in the next week or so, so hopefully places will be available. I've got my fingers crossed, I badly want to live on the Newton campus! What about you? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, the campus is amazing! Absolutely love it there. I'm in Charlton court which is off campus but I'll have lectures at Newton park. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elizabeth27ward)
    I got in through Clearing which has actually worked out for the best because I visited yesterday and love it there! But.. No I'm not in halls YET. BSU said they've given out all of their accommodation offers but they're expected people to drop out in the next week or so, so hopefully places will be available. I've got my fingers crossed, I badly want to live on the Newton campus! What about you? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey! I got in through clearing for creative writing and English literature as well! I was a bit worried by the whole limited accommodation thing, did you have to send an email to the accommodation office? I got told to do that on the clearing and insurance applicant housing section of the website. Also, sorry for asking you all these questions but when did they say they would offer the free places up?
    It's sort of relieving to find another clearing applicant like myself, and I've been worrying a lot about what's next lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASteph)
    Hey! I got in through clearing for creative writing and English literature as well! I was a bit worried by the whole limited accommodation thing, did you have to send an email to the accommodation office? I got told to do that on the clearing and insurance applicant housing section of the website. Also, sorry for asking you all these questions but when did they say they would offer the free places up?
    It's sort of relieving to find another clearing applicant like myself, and I've been worrying a lot about what's next lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey! Sorry for such a slow reply, yeah I just sent the accommodation office an email with my details on it and they've put me on the waiting list for accommodation now! I went to the open day on Friday because I'd never seen the uni before and during the accommodation talk they said that they're expecting some people to drop out for different reasons, e.g. Decide to go to uni next year or something, and when they do they'll have spaces available but they won't know how many spaces they'll have until the end of this week probably, so we just have to sit back and wait basically I just want to know! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elizabeth27ward)
    Hey! Sorry for such a slow reply, yeah I just sent the accommodation office an email with my details on it and they've put me on the waiting list for accommodation now! I went to the open day on Friday because I'd never seen the uni before and during the accommodation talk they said that they're expecting some people to drop out for different reasons, e.g. Decide to go to uni next year or something, and when they do they'll have spaces available but they won't know how many spaces they'll have until the end of this week probably, so we just have to sit back and wait basically I just want to know! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fingers crossed we get a place!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.