Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    anybody else in this position? I got in as an insurance place and have found to my total delight they have no roomsleft at all and a waiting list as long as your arm... the private accomodation seems to universally cost upwards of £10,000PA at the least and well yeah... anyone else in this position then or got any advice on what on earth to do...

ReputationRep:
    Hey I was in the same position but I've just gone for private halls cos I didn't know what else to do :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessicabrady)
    Hey I was in the same position but I've just gone for private halls cos I didn't know what else to do :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dont suppose you could recomend one? all the ones ive seen are charging at the very least £200 a week... and thats double the loan i get as it is :/

ReputationRep:
    This accommodation is really cheap but its shared bathroom and kitchen, here's the link.
    The decision is your.
    http://www.cassandclaredale.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    Cass and Calderdale are full I tried there try rahere they may have one or two left, or look on the unite website!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry I didn't know that it was full.
    Try this
    http://assam-place.com/

ReputationRep:
    yeh im in the same position as you, getting on my nerves tbh.

gonna look into private accommodation but I can't do £195+ which they all seem to be

Edit: Honestly this uni is absolutely terrible at helping students find accommodation

ReputationRep:
    Yup im in the same position. well i live in london and they rejected me when it first opened up and now im looking but i have options. option number 1 is my mums friend owns an estate agents and will let me rent a flat close to QM provided I find people who also want in (I only have my friend so far so inbox me if you're interested as i gotta call him today and find out prices) and 2. is this website which is a student housing place near QM for actually fair prices check it out http://www.cassandclaredale.co.uk/te...e-house/price/.

Hope i helped Cain, and maybe we'll meet sometime

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    anybody else in this position? I got in as an insurance place and have found to my total delight they have no roomsleft at all and a waiting list as long as your arm... the private accomodation seems to universally cost upwards of £10,000PA at the least and well yeah... anyone else in this position then or got any advice on what on earth to do...
    Yeah I know, scape is crazy expensive....................... .................well your best bet is trying to sort out accommodation yourself, as East London is quite cheap to be honest, so get a group together and go searching, they can be very cheap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    Check out spareroom.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqbal007)
    Yeah I know, scape is crazy expensive....................... .................well your best bet is trying to sort out accommodation yourself, as East London is quite cheap to be honest, so get a group together and go searching, they can be very cheap.
    Is there any car parks near QM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    yeh im in the same position as you, getting on my nerves tbh.

gonna look into private accommodation but I can't do £195+ which they all seem to be

Edit: Honestly this uni is absolutely terrible at helping students find accommodation
    £195 per week is crazy. I live in private rented accomodation and I pay around £650 / month to share an apartment with one person.

In fact, when I first moved to London I was paying £420 / month to share a house with two people.

ReputationRep:
    Are there any other universities you could go to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Is there any car parks near QM?
    Not for free, unless you try sainsbury or pcworld retail park further down the road, though I expect they got some sort of security

ReputationRep:
    Have faith in the wait list, I know LOADS of people that eventually got a place in halls! Do not waste your money in Scape, the main thing they claim to offer is security but trust me, the security is not even all that - a friend of mine who lives there still managed to have some guy follow her up to her room!

Have a look at sharing a house, there are still a fair few people looking for an extra roommate

ReputationRep:
    Room to rent in a 5 bed house on Blondin Street in Bow, part of the Bow Quarter Complex, £130 a week + bills. Access to swimming pool and gym for all residents! Move in date 5th September.

ReputationRep:
    I just managed to get a place at quantum court- £165 pw 43 weeks and ensuite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviarheya)
    I just managed to get a place at quantum court- £165 pw 43 weeks and ensuite
    How for so cheap?! i can onlysee£199?

ReputationRep:
    Yaaay finally found someone whose staying at Quantum Court too! I was worried seeing that no ones ever heard of it LOOL Just ring them on 02078312447 and tell them you go Qm It'll then be 165 a week! I'm in Flat 205 room D. What room are you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aashma93)
    Yaaay finally found someone whose staying at Quantum Court too! I was worried seeing that no ones ever heard of it LOOL Just ring them on 02078312447 and tell them you go Qm It'll then be 165 a week! I'm in Flat 205 room D. What room are you in?
    theyd ran out by the time i got through im in 105d though :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.