Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hello TSR members!

I would like some help please. As part of my English AQA Spoken Language Controlled Assessment, I have been tasked to get some examples of text or web based communications.

I don't text many people, although I do know about text speak, slang etc., and as a result, wondered if anyone would be willing to share some text conversations. Obviously, you can blur out the names of the people (but it may be useful to know if they are male or female).

It may seem like a weird request, but I don't have anything that I can use.

It needs to be clean (or as clean as possible), so no sexting conversations please!

By text/web based messages, I mean via Text (SMS) or FB/MSN style IM conversations. If possible, I would like to get some examples from both genders, and that they show examples of text speak.

It doesn't have to be interesting, just show text speak.

The idea of this is so I can show that text/web communications and language can be considered "creative". Basically, is text speak creative or just plain lazy?

These will be used as part of my controlled assessment submission (or I think they will be!) - so I may have to reference this thread if they ask where they came from.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, a mod/admin is more than welcome to move it!!

Many thanks, this will be really useful! I'm sure someone here will be willing to share something! If I get lots of responses, I'll pick two or three good ones

Thanks again!

Hey there. While you're waiting for a reply to your post, we thought we'd give your thread a timely bump.

But don't twiddle your thumbs in the meantime! Kick off your revision and study time by heading to our Learn Together section.

In Learn Together, you'll find interactive study tools to help make your revision quicker and easier. We've also got thousands of handpicked assignments analysed by great teachers, so you can learn from top-marked work. And there's tons more too: get started on Learn Together now!

i don't know if you still need this ??? but whatever i'll submit some of mine

a: its ballet but the shoes have blocks and its really hard haha I'm not gonna be very good but it'll be funny
    a: BLANK's probs on pointe ??? the shoes have 2 be specifically made for ur feet
    a: its ballet but u have a block on the front of the shoe and u dance on the block right up on ur toes
    b: ooohhh yeah BLANK does that

Thanks for that! Whilst I have found one or two of my own, it's always useful to have a few spare just in case one of mine isn't very good or suitable.

Thanks again!

I have done this assessment and we just made the messages up that way you could talk about the exact features you wanted to.
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.