Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    First of all, congratulations if you've just received your AS/A level results! I hope everyone did as well as they hoped for I was so nostalgic and proud on results day!

Feel free to ask me anything regarding results, clearing, student life etc., whether it be about Sheffield directly or just being a student in general! This is coming up to my fourth year in Sheffield now, and I absolutely have loved being a student here!

Finally, I will be working during intro week. I look forward to hopefully seeing some of you then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    First of all, congratulations if you've just received your AS/A level results! I hope everyone did as well as they hoped for I was so nostalgic and proud on results day!

Feel free to ask me anything regarding results, clearing, student life etc., whether it be about Sheffield directly or just being a student in general! This is coming up to my fourth year in Sheffield now, and I absolutely have loved being a student here!

Finally, I will be working during intro week. I look forward to hopefully seeing some of you then!
    Hey
    i'm trying to decide what course i wanna study at the moment. biochemisty, molecular cell biology or biomedical science
    i looked at the sheffield university website and am thinking of applying there.
    would you recommend studying there? like how is the student life? and is the city good for shopping, to eat, night life, etc
    and how is the support you get?
    just trying to get a general feel for the uni
    although i still need to decide which course to study but i really don't know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])

Hey, I'm going to be starting Biology this September ( at TUoSheffield ) and I was wondering if you have any specific advice you could give me on how to do well on the course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaJS)
    Hey
    i'm trying to decide what course i wanna study at the moment. biochemisty, molecular cell biology or biomedical science
    i looked at the sheffield university website and am thinking of applying there.
    would you recommend studying there? like how is the student life? and is the city good for shopping, to eat, night life, etc
    and how is the support you get?
    just trying to get a general feel for the uni
    although i still need to decide which course to study but i really don't know
    Biochem and molecular cell biology both have the same first year so you can swap between them and any other courses in the molecular biology and biotechnology department in 2nd year depending on your module choices biomedical science looks interesting too but there is a lot less module choice so maybe you should compare the modules!

You should go visit on an open day, it's lovely

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna be starting Biological Sciences in September and was wondering how different is undergrad bio compared to A level? A lot of people have been telling me there are no jobs after this degree, how much truth is in that statement and would it be a good starting place for a career in forensics?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxesFTW)
    Biochem and molecular cell biology both have the same first year so you can swap between them and any other courses in the molecular biology and biotechnology department in 2nd year depending on your module choices biomedical science looks interesting too but there is a lot less module choice so maybe you should compare the modules!

You should go visit on an open day, it's lovely
    thanks
    i thought about going to the open day.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.