Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was diagnosed with Moderate Clinical Depression a couple weeks before my AS exams. The depression wasn't caused by the stress of revision/exams, it was something I had been living with for several years and it was my friends who urged me to go to a doctor.

I feel like my depression has had an affect on my grades because when I was younger (doing 11+) I had great motivation. I got into an amazing private school with full scholarship. Then when certain events occurred (the root of my depression) I noticed the slip in grades, the lack of motivation, antisocial behaviour etc.

I didn't have my friends when the events happened (I didn't know them) so I somehow tried to cope with it.

Now my AS level results came and I got an ADD (A for maths, D for Physics/Biology)

I want to do engineering but with these grades my predicted would be at the highest an A*CC. I know I can do better, the medication I have been taking has been helping (it takes sometime to work) and I feel more motivated but my grades are whats stopping me.

Do universities let you in with **** grades knowing that you've had a tough time ?

Should I consider a foundation year or rely on Adjustment ?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.