Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all

Recently graduated with a 2.1 in Aerospace Engineering.

I was wondering if anyone can provide some input as to what their next step would be (I'd like a job, not after additional academic study).

What jobs would you look into?

Look forward to your input!

ReputationRep:
    so your applying after you graduate?

lemme guess, youve done no relavent work experience whatsoever,right?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, after I graduate. I did not do a sandwich year so no relevant work experience.

Going to be helpful, or attempt to criticize me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turbine.)
    Yes, after I graduate. I did not do a sandwich year so no relevant work experience.

rickfloss has a point. without work experience you're kind of screwed in today's market. Is BA really going to hire a guy who has only ever seen pictures of a jet engine to fix their planes?

ReputationRep:
    I see he has a point, however it is incredibly hard to get any experience. There aren't exactly vacancies for voluteering - otherwise I would.

I'm confused at the moment what direction to go in, so was hoping someone could give some advice based on their experience etc.

So I'd appreciate some advice really, if anyone can offer any.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Just keep applying to jobs. There is nothing else you can do, no magic short cuts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    Just keep applying to jobs. There is nothing else you can do, no magic short cuts.
    What is the assumption of magic short cuts? Honestly you are reading the post wrong.

A D V I C E - preferably based on actual experience, which judging by whats so far I can't imagine you guys have even got into uni yet :eek:...

Anyone sensible?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    What is the assumption of magic short cuts? Honestly you are reading the post wrong.

A D V I C E - preferably based on actual experience, which judging by whats so far I can't imagine you guys have even got into uni yet :eek:...

Anyone sensible?
    So you don't think that applying to jobs is "sensible" advice?

By the way I have already got my engineering degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    So you don't think that applying to jobs is "sensible" advice?

By the way I have already got my engineering degree.
    Sure it is sensible. In terms of advice I meant regarding what type of jobs to target.

You mentioned you have an engineering degree already, are you employed? If so what job role are you in and any beginners first time employment advice to get on the career ladder?

Thanks
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Sure it is sensible. In terms of advice I meant regarding what type of jobs to target.

You mentioned you have an engineering degree already, are you employed? If so what job role are you in and any beginners first time employment advice to get on the career ladder?

Thanks
    I have a job lined up, but there isn't anything else I can add to the advice I have already given I'm afraid. You just have to keep applying until you get something.

ReputationRep:

well, i think its common sense, look for a relevant job/ work experience!

look at roles, aeronautical engineering graduate, aerodynamicist , wing desinger etc,

apply to jobs

???

job

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.