Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is psychology seen as a science subject? Personally i dont see the interest in psychology but it looks as though my thoughts of the subject are in the minority.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have an interest in psychology either, but I can see why some people would find it appealing. And I don't think it's classified as science...

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...most ppl in my school take Geography and at least one language at A level but saying tht psychology is quite popular at my school too.

ReputationRep:
    Psychology is only an option at our school through a college link system, so it's not so popular here, infact I doubt even 5 have taken it. I think English has had a lot of popularity as well as maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Excalibur)
    I don't have an interest in psychology either, but I can see why some people would find it appealing. And I don't think it's classified as science...
    Same, no appeal to me either. I believe it's classified as an "Art". Not too sure it could go in any category except "Drab", really. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Psychology is a "Social Science" similar to Economics, History etc even though its experimental. Its got a reputation of being a girls' subject whereas Economics and History are the more "masculine" subjects (or so I'm told).

ReputationRep:
    Well I know nobody asked for it, but I'll add my two cents in anyway:

Personally, I hate Pyschology as much as I hate Justin Timberlake which is a lot and 50 Cent which is again a lot, give me a gun and I can finish the job, I'll get lucky on the tenth time. I even hate it more than I hate Russell Crowe, yes I know he was Gladiator but the guy is a maniac. Back on topic, I could go on and on about things I hate; it is actually quite an interesting subject and learning about the human pysche can be fun, I looked at some of the Past papers on the AQA site and it's not half-bad, but I still hate it from the bottom of my ventricles to the top of my oracles =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cataclysm)
    Well I know nobody asked for it, but I'll add my two cents in anyway:

Personally, I hate Pyschology as much as I hate Justin Timberlake which is a lot and 50 Cent which is again a lot, give me a gun and I can finish the job, I'll get lucky on the tenth time. I even hate it more than I hate Russell Crowe, yes I know he was Gladiator but the guy is a maniac. Back on topic, I could go on and on about things I hate; it is actually quite an interesting subject and learning about the human pysche can be fun, I looked at some of the Past papers on the AQA site and it's not half-bad, but I still hate it from the bottom of my ventricles to the top of my oracles =)
    Well that's not ambiguous at all;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Optimistic)
    Well that's not ambiguous at all;
    Well to put it in a clearer context:

Pyschology = a good subject = which I hate more than some famous celebrities.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry is by far the most popular AS subject at my school. Probably about 2/3 of my year are going to do it. It's because obviously all the people wanting to do the sciences do it, and all the artsy people who want a science to show some variety seem to pick it as well. My school has quite a good Chemistry department too.

ReputationRep:
    Psychology studied at A Level isn't a science. It can be at uni though (eg experimental psychology).

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard of these 10 uni students who are studying a course to become the next Ghostbusters or something like that...very weird course something to do with Ghosts (obviously) + spirits, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard of these 10 uni students who are studying a course to become the next Ghostbusters or something like that...very weird course something to do with Ghosts (obviously) + spirits, etc.
    Yeah, I read that in the paper a while ago actually.

ReputationRep:
    Really?! Sounds like a waste of a degree to me although would be interesting. I'd be too scared to do it if you had to look for ghosties im too much of a wimp.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...crappy ol' medicine or an MSci in Ghostbusting?

I know which one I'd choose

ReputationRep:
    What's next? A course to recruit the new A team?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Optimistic)
    Hmm...crappy ol' medicine or an MSci in Ghostbusting?

I know which one I'd choose
    I'd choose ghostbusting less blood....hopefully

ReputationRep:
    I would want Ghostbusting as long as I get to hang around with that green thing and get the cool guns! Ghostbusters!

ReputationRep:
    Maths
    Geography
    English Language
    History or Sociology (Depending on my History GCSE Result)

ReputationRep:
    Psychology is the most interesting thing in the world. Understanding how peoples mind works and waht gives them motivation and how things affect you later on. WOW. At a level, its a social science but most unis class it as science at degree level because it becomes very biological.

P.s, i want to be a pyschologist lol.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.