The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Cataclysm
Well I know nobody asked for it, but I'll add my two cents in anyway:

Personally, I hate Pyschology as much as I hate Justin Timberlake which is a lot and 50 Cent which is again a lot, give me a gun and I can finish the job, I'll get lucky on the tenth time. I even hate it more than I hate Russell Crowe, yes I know he was Gladiator but the guy is a maniac. Back on topic, I could go on and on about things I hate; it is actually quite an interesting subject and learning about the human pysche can be fun, I looked at some of the Past papers on the AQA site and it's not half-bad, but I still hate it from the bottom of my ventricles to the top of my oracles =)

Cataclysm, it must be said that you make me laugh :biggrin: I can't stand 50 Cent either.
Scottish_Expatriate
Cataclysm, it must be said that you make me laugh :biggrin: I can't stand 50 Cent either.

:ta: and I sure hope someone does kill him in a gang war or whatever he does in his free time.
Reply 202
I am doing:
Latin
English Lit
Religious Studies
annnd biology kind of thrown randomly on top because i enjoy it yah.
YES! LATIN, everyone should do latin, hohoho
sorry, ignore that, just me thinking out loud.
xx
Reply 203
Cataclysm
:ta: and I sure hope someone does kill him in a gang war or whatever he does in his free time.

Maybe he's on the ghostbusting course :smile:
Reply 204
ashmufc
In my school, I think Biology (everyone want's to become a doctor i.e. high asian population LOL) and Maths are the most populat subjects.

hmm not funny stereotypical view.
Its not untrue to say that a large amount of students from an asian background apply for medicine.
belli
hmm not funny stereotypical view.

Don't worry I'm Asian, but it's true.
EDIT: Okay I jsut got neg repped for that! Can't you get it it was a joke. tut tut
Lahoser
I am doing:
Latin
English Lit
Religious Studies
annnd biology kind of thrown randomly on top because i enjoy it yah.
YES! LATIN, everyone should do latin, hohoho
sorry, ignore that, just me thinking out loud.
xx

Agreed :p:
Tsk, nope :p:
Reply 209
I shall be doing....

Ehglish Lit
Maths
Physics
History

well, that's my latest combination anyway.
Reply 210
maths, further maths, chemistry, english lit, french, general st and GCSE spanish/italian
How come lots of people on here seem to be doing Critical Thinking or General Studies, do your schools make you take it or something? I did AS Critical Thinking for about half of year 11 with a few others who were selected but it was pretty dull and didn't require much. I don't know if your school makes you take it but if it doesen't I would advise English Language as it has similar content and probably looks a hell of a lot better on your CV.
Most sixth forms make you take general studies, well mine does anyways but I never count it as one of my subjects. It's just an extra, which a lot of universities dont except as an A level. A complete waste of time if you ask me.
SpontaneousThinker: Yes. My school makes us take AS and A2 General Studies and AS Critical Thinking in U6. Personally, I'd scrap General Studies and just do A level Critical Thinking... although, even that's a pain in the neck. However, for some people, i.e. aspiring lawyers, it's a very useful subject. One of the boys in my school got an offer to read Law at Oxford, and they specifically included the Critical Thinking A2 in his offer.

And by the way, I agree with Optimistic. I'm Indian and although I don't want to do Medicine, it is true that there is a significant proportion of Asians who want to do it.
SpontaneousThinker
How come lots of people on here seem to be doing Critical Thinking or General Studies, do your schools make you take it or something?

Yea, my sixth form imposes Critical Thinking or General Studies on whoever qualifies to A levels.
I gotta do General Studies at Sixth Form College. Definitely going to see about dropping it though...
I'm not doing General Studies - my sixth form has more sense! Yay :smile:
calcium878
I gotta do General Studies at Sixth Form College. Definitely going to see about dropping it though...

You can piss about in the exam, it's useless and you can write weird and funny stuff, look at the topic called "Adding Humour to your Exams" in the A level forum. Uber funny.
Glad I don't have to do General Studies... even if it is utter crap, knowing me I'd get stressed about it anyway :p: Critical Thinking sounds rather cool though.
Excalibur
Critical Thinking sounds rather cool though.
It's quite good. It's extremely useful for the TSA (Thinking Skills Assessment), if any of you are thinking of applying to Cambridge. A lot of the questions in that test are based around Critical Thinking. But not everyone has to take it - certain subjects at certain colleges. Mostly Sciences and Economics.

Latest