Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    oh right, what alternatives would you not mind doing?

lol, its cos i live near there and nearly everyone i know applied there
    Ah, right . Well, by alternatives, I meant alternative routes into medicine. So far we're putting applications to different countries, as well as looking to see what I can find here in case I have to take a gap year and apply next year. Or, reapply :rolleyes: lol.

I guess I don't really know what else I'd want to do .

ReputationRep:
    mmmm pineaplle juice :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .jen.)
    mmmm pineaplle juice :love:
    I just had some of that . Good stuff. :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .jen.)
    crazyyyy. sounds like shakira :p:
    nah, its not :p:

it starts like when i first.... cant remember tbh its just a mock clip of mourinho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    I just had some of that . Good stuff. :top:
    woooo :five: we're cool :p:

ReputationRep:
    nah, its not :p:

it starts like when i first.... cant remember tbh its just a mock clip of mourinho

oooh okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .jen.)
    woooo :five: we're cool :p:
    Lol, yeah, definitely :five:. If only I would stop sneezing :argh: - I think it's hayfever .

ReputationRep:
    i'd better sleep now! i'm shatttered. night night guys :hugs: xxxxxxxx :goodnight:

ReputationRep:
    Ah, right . Well, by alternatives, I meant alternative routes into medicine. So far we're putting applications to different countries, as well as looking to see what I can find here in case I have to take a gap year and apply next year. Or, reapply :rolleyes: lol.

I guess I don't really know what else I'd want to do .
    oh, good luck

one of my friends ending up doing pharmacy, cos she didnt want to take a year out and didnt get no offers through clearing.

what about applying for biomedical science (or sommer like that!) through clearing and then transferring onto medicine for your second year? but i think you've got to get more than 90% in you exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .jen.)
    i'd better sleep now! i'm shatttered. night night guys :hugs: xxxxxxxx :goodnight:
    Night night, Jen! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .jen.)
    night jen :hugs: :wavey:

ReputationRep:
    oh, good luck

one of my friends ending up doing pharmacy, cos she didnt want to take a year out and didnt get no offers through clearing.

what about applying for biomedical science (or sommer like that!) through clearing and then transferring onto medicine for your second year? but i think you've got to get more than 90% in you exams.
    Well, it's always an option to go in via another degree, but it adds on time, which I'm trying to avoid doing. But, if I have to take that route, of course I will . Biomedical sounds good, might even be interesting, I think. We'll see how it goes.

What's the situation with you?

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's always an option to go in via another degree, but it adds on time, which I'm trying to avoid doing. But, if I have to take that route, of course I will . Biomedical sounds good, might even be interesting, I think. We'll see how it goes.

What's the situation with you?
    which would you rather choose, a gap year or another degree? lol, i know someone who did bio med this year and a girl for college who had messed up her AS and wanted to do medicine also applied for it (but im not 100% sure if applied for it to transfer onto medicine!) it seems like a know a lot of people :p: :s: and all of them bloody do something medicine related :hmpf:

i've got a conditional offer at manchester for maths! just hope i get in

ReputationRep:
    Actually I think I'm off to bed too; nothing like going to bed on an early morning, hehe, see you guys later on today actually!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cataclysm)
    Actually I think I'm off to bed too; nothing like going to bed on an early morning, hehe, see you guys later on today actually!
    Good night, Cataclysm .

ReputationRep:
    which would you rather choose, a gap year or another degree? lol, i know someone who did bio med this year and a girl for college who had messed up her AS and wanted to do medicine also applied for it (but im not 100% sure if applied for it to transfer onto medicine!) it seems like a know a lot of people :p: :s: and all of them bloody do something medicine related :hmpf:

i've got a conditional offer at manchester for maths! just hope i get in
    Haha, it's alright for some :p:. I guess if I'd chosen any other degree, I'd have got in (or so I keep telling myself lol).

Why maths? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, it's alright for some :p:. I guess if I'd chosen any other degree, I'd have got in (or so I keep telling myself lol).

Why maths? :eek:
    you probably would have got in with the grades that you got which subject did you drop then?

why not :p: lol, cos i think its phun and i enjoy doing it, so i assumed i'd work hard at it (hope im not wrong!)

cya catcylsm :wavey: not spoken to you probably, but hopefully will chat later today

ReputationRep:
    you probably would have got in with the grades that you got which subject did you drop then?

why not :p: lol, cos i think its phun and i enjoy doing it, so i assumed i'd work hard at it (hope im not wrong!)
    I dropped English Literature (lowest grade) and carried on with Bio, Chem and German (and General Studies, which I don't count as a real subject). What did you do for AS/A2s?

Why not? Because I, personally, always found maths damn hard, and I'll be impressed if you manage to get a degree it. Heck, I'm impressed that you even want to try :p:. Enjoying usually means hard work (although it never seems like hard work at the time) so you'll be fine . How long's the course?

ReputationRep:
    I dropped English Literature (lowest grade) and carried on with Bio, Chem and German (and General Studies, which I don't count as a real subject). What did you do for AS/A2s?

Why not? Because I, personally, always found maths damn hard, and I'll be impressed if you manage to get a degree it. Heck, I'm impressed that you even want to try :p:. Enjoying usually means hard work (although it never seems like hard work at the time) so you'll be fine . How long's the course?
    how come unis dont consider general studies? :s:

i did chem, bio, maths and fmaths at AS and dropped bio at the end of my first year :cool: :p:

Maths can be hard, but if you enjoy it you tend to work at it. I'm a number cruncher (oppostie of naturally gifted mathematician :p: ) It can be a pain at times but overall its good phun! Well I dont know what else I would have done if not maths! I'm hoping I manage to get a place to study it, never mind the degree :p: enjoying means doing it when you're bored aswell :ninja: and you never heard that from me its 3/4 years if i want it to be.

ReputationRep:
    how come unis dont consider general studies? :s:

i did chem, bio, maths and fmaths at AS and dropped bio at the end of my first year :cool: :p:

Maths can be hard, but if you enjoy it you tend to work at it. I'm a number cruncher (oppostie of naturally gifted mathematician :p: ) It can be a pain at times but overall its good phun! Well I dont know what else I would have done if not maths! I'm hoping I manage to get a place to study it, never mind the degree :p: enjoying means doing it when you're bored aswell :ninja: and you never heard that from me its 3/4 years if i want it to be.
    Unis don't consider GS because they don't think it's a "rigorous" subject (which, to be fair, it isn't). We just HAVE to do it at my school :confused:. I hated it, at any rate.

Wow, you did two sciences too? Respect! Did you enjoy them? I can almost understand why you dropped Bio, though lol.

That's cool, 3-4 years. You looking to spend that kind of time on it?

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.