Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    :hello:
    :poke: Helllo there :wavey:

(Original post by Cataclysm)
    Anyone seen that Ad in the cinema with the dancing penguin? Great =D

It's for a movie called Happy Feet I think; coming soon!
    You, sir, just got shiney number 2. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Centipe)
    morning sunshine you ok? :hugs:
    who was that to?:p:

ReputationRep:
    who was that to?:p:
    you! :cool: :suitc:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone seen that Ad in the cinema with the dancing penguin? Great =D

It's for a movie called Happy Feet I think; coming soon!

penguin soc trip to the cinema? :p:

(Original post by .jen.)
    :five: That is such a good idea. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Centipe)
    you! :cool: :suitc:
    not too bad then u?

hey beth :hugs:

si, do you know anything about removing mcafee personal firewall from a computer? I deleted all the files in the McAfee folder, but the firewall still works :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charl!)
    :five: That is such a good idea. :p:

haha would be funnnny :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .jen.)
    Hahah yehh! woo :five:

ReputationRep:
    i need to get dressed before going to mum, i got like half dressed then gave up. hahaha.

ReputationRep:
    We shall invade go to the cinema to watch er...Happy Feet probably. Superman Returns wasn't as good.

Woot! Shiny number 2 = thank you Charl!

ReputationRep:
    not too bad then u?

hey beth :hugs:

si, do you know anything about removing mcafee personal firewall from a computer? I deleted all the files in the McAfee folder, but the firewall still works :confused:
    Does it not appear under Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programmes? That's definitely the way you should go to completely uninstall it.

Deleting the files from the source folder would be an incomplete uninstallation - alot of files are stored on other parts of the computer/system registry.

It may seem to function normally now but you'll definitely get errors once you restart your computer. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    If you deleted all the files how would uninstall them if they are gone. Wouldn't it be better to repair the folder or install again and then do a proper uninstallation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutter)
    Does it not appear under Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programmes? That's definitely the way you should go to completely uninstall it.

Deleting the files from the source folder would be an incomplete uninstallation - alot of files are stored on other parts of the computer/system registry.

It may seem to function normally now but you'll definitely get errors once you restart your computer. Good luck.
    aye

I uninstalled firewall plus and the virus scan that way, but the main program wouldn't uninstall, it came up some kind of error message like 'Uninstall all addons first (eg the Firewall)'

So i decided to destroy the files.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .jen.)
    i need to get dressed before going to mum, i got like half dressed then gave up. hahaha.
    tututututu missy! Don't you have to go yet!

We shall invade go to the cinema to watch er...Happy Feet probably. Superman Returns wasn't as good.

Woot! Shiny number 2 = thank you Charl!
    No problemo.

And you're now a sub. :five:

I didn't mean to kill it. :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charl!)
    No problemo.

And you're now a sub. :five:
    Yeah, woot!

ReputationRep:
    aye

I uninstalled firewall plus and the virus scan that way, but the main program wouldn't uninstall, it came up some kind of error message like 'Uninstall all addons first (eg the Firewall)'

So i decided to destroy the files.
    Roger roger. I use AdAware and Norton AV together for my computer's security needs...and the Norton firewall as well I think. Not like I've ever bothered much about that firewall in the first place!

ReputationRep:
    If you deleted all the files how would uninstall them if they are gone. Wouldn't it be better to repair the folder or install again and then do a proper uninstallation.
    It depends where the files (incl uninstallation files) are stored. You're right to say in some cases, the system may not even be unable to uninstall it completely though. I'd restore the files from the Recycle Bin first before proceeding.

God save your soul if you're on a Mac, for I have no clue then. :p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.