Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm around! How's it going, Elements?

ReputationRep:
    I am around!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    Hey, I'm around! How's it going, Elements?
    Yay! I thought that I was an hour too late then. Nice to see you too JT!:wavey:

Been doing loads of thinking of what courses and options to take next year. Been ill too. Sorry.

How about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    'Sup Jack Twist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elements)
    Yay! I thought that I was an hour too late then. Nice to see you too JT!:wavey:

Been doing loads of thinking of what courses and options to take next year. Been ill too. Sorry.

How about yourself?
    Haha, it *is* a bit late.

More thinking on Uni? Blimey, you're doing about a million times more of that than I did lol. Why you sorry for being ill? If anything, I'm sorry for you!

I'm good, just getting tired lol. What's the plan?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, it *is* a bit late.

More thinking on Uni? Blimey, you're doing about a million times more of that than I did lol. Why you sorry for being ill? If anything, I'm sorry for you!

I'm good, just getting tired lol. What's the plan?
    Lol, you don't say!

:p: Of course! Still nowhere near finished yet either!:eek:

I'm sorry of if I'm annoying you going on about this/keep mentioning it.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm thinking of taking up Chemistry. :s: OK to self-teach do you reckon? Thinking about maths too. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I'm not annoyed at all! It's one of the most important decisions you'll make, so I understand why you're deliberating on it so much . Any decisions made yet?

ReputationRep:
    WAKEY, WAKEY,

RISE AND SHINE!

IT'S
    MORNING!!!!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Well, just gone half 2 in the morning that is!:laugh: But it's still the morning! You like? Or would you like some Sun glasses?

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I'm not annoyed at all! It's one of the most important decisions you'll make, so I understand why you're deliberating on it so much . Any decisions made yet?
    Yay, good. :hugs: Decisions on which part exactly?:p:

ReputationRep:
    WAKEY, WAKEY,

RISE AND SHINE!

IT'S
    MORNING!!!!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Well, just gone half 2 in the morning that is!:laugh: But it's still the morning! You like? Or would you like some Sun glasses?
    sunglasses :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Twist)
    sunglasses :cool:
    Lol, good one!;thumbsup;

ReputationRep:
    Yay, good. :hugs: Decisions on which part exactly?:p:
    On which Universities you want to go, if you've decided on a referee etc. That sort of thing

As for self-teaching chemistry... well, I had to do a lot of that towards the end of both years of A level... so it's possible, but you have to be confident in the subject .

ReputationRep:
    On which Universities you want to go, if you've decided on a referee etc. That sort of thing

As for self-teaching chemistry... well, I had to do a lot of that towards the end of both years of A level... so it's possible, but you have to be confident in the subject .
    ;console; Can't say that I am confident. All the moles, molecular and empirical formulae, titrations, Agovaddo Constant (or similar ) and volumetric calculations are mean! As well as all the strange chemistry symbols and all the different polymer combinations and reaction durations etc.:eek: Loved it, apart from these things, at GCSE though.;thumbsup; Being a science subject it would also help me out.

Yes. I have decided on the Uni's to apply to, and half of the courses. Might reconsider one of them. Have decided half of which colleges to apply to for the collegiate Uni's. It's not that I haven't been researching them all loads that I haven't finished yet! I just got burnt out about a day or so ago from looking at endless websites, reading, analysing, making decisions, evaluating and having dreams about the whole process. What's the referee?

So what have you been up to then? (Apart from watching the cricket:p:).What are you doing up at this time too? Star-gazing?

ReputationRep:
    ;console; Can't say that I am confident. All the moles, molecular and empirical formulae, titrations, Agovaddo Constant (or similar ) and volumetric calculations are mean! As well as all the strange chemistry symbols and all the different polymer combinations and reaction durations etc.:eek: Loved it, apart from these things, at GCSE though.;thumbsup; Being a science subject it would also help me out.
    All you need is one formula for most of those calculations! The moles stuff and titration, I mean. A lot of chemistry is maths, but you have to understand the maths. The maths is self is pretty simple, I think. The polymers... well, all you have to do is know what addition and condensation polymerisation is, and what does it. That's about it. The questions you'll get in an exam would probably be something like "draw the repeating unit of this polymer" which is easy stuff .
    Yes. I have decided on the Uni's to apply to, and half of the courses. Might reconsider one of them. Have decided half of which colleges to apply to for the collegiate Uni's. It's not that I haven't been researching them all loads that I haven't finished yet! I just got burnt out about a day or so ago from looking at endless websites, reading, analysing, making decisions, evaluating and having dreams about the whole process. What's the referee?

So what have you been up to then? (Apart from watching the cricket:p:).What are you doing up at this time too? Star-gazing?
    The referee is the person who'll write your reference .

I've just been playing guitar... meeting up with friends, going to the gym, playing (more than watching) the cricket . What are YOU doing up at this time?

ReputationRep:
    All you need is one formula for most of those calculations! The moles stuff and titration, I mean. A lot of chemistry is maths, but you have to understand the maths. The maths is self is pretty simple, I think. The polymers... well, all you have to do is know what addition and condensation polymerisation is, and what does it. That's about it. The questions you'll get in an exam would probably be something like "draw the repeating unit of this polymer" which is easy stuff .

The referee is the person who'll write your reference .

I've just been playing guitar... meeting up with friends, going to the gym, playing (more than watching) the cricket . What are YOU doing up at this time?
    That doesn't sound too bad! Was good at that at GCSE. Will just brush up on moles etc perhaps- that's if I decide to do it. All the electron transfer and curly arrows and points everywhere looks a little confusing too. :s: Lol, I am unbelievable: saw that there is an A-level in Environmental Science and started thinking it could be considered...:p:

I'm not allowed to choose who writes my reference. But I'll try to change that during the start of September. :ninja:

Back ache. Had siestas during the day too. Is it just me, or when you work/are up for considerable lengths of time at night, you are hungry too? Cheeky! Why are YOU up at this time?

ReputationRep:
    :snoozing:

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't sound too bad! Was good at that at GCSE. Will just brush up on moles etc perhaps- that's if I decide to do it. All the electron transfer and curly arrows and points everywhere looks a little confusing too. :s: Lol, I am unbelievable: saw that there is an A-level in Environmental Science and started thinking it could be considered...:p:

I'm not allowed to choose who writes my reference. But I'll try to change that during the start of September. :ninja:

Back ache. Had siestas during the day too. Is it just me, or when you work/are up for considerable lengths of time at night, you are hungry too? Cheeky! Why are YOU up at this time?
    Well, this is not to say that chemistry is *easy*. I don't want to give you the wrong impression... it's still one of the hardest A levels going, so make your choice carefully! The curly arrow stuff is annoying to begin with, and is the sign used to denote the direction of pairs of electrons . So, be careful of that .

How can you not be allowed to choose your referee? That's criminal! What are your choices where that is concerned?

ReputationRep:
    I like mainly acoustic stuff, and rock as well. Nothing heavy metal, though... that's just noise lol. Do you like anything like Jack Johnson, or John Mayer?
    i love their stuff.

even though i'm a bit more of an indie powerpop person.

my favorite album of jack's is on and on. so deep and calming. and chill.

ReputationRep:
    Well, this is not to say that chemistry is *easy*. I don't want to give you the wrong impression... it's still one of the hardest A levels going, so make your choice carefully! The curly arrow stuff is annoying to begin with, and is the sign used to denote the direction of pairs of electrons . So, be careful of that .

How can you not be allowed to choose your referee? That's criminal! What are your choices where that is concerned?
    I wasn't insinuating that Chemistry would be easy at all!:eek: Just sounded a bit more reassuring, that's all. Thanks for the confidence booster!:p: PM coming your way.

ReputationRep:
    :snoozing: ;e-mog; :p:

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.