The Student Room Group
Aphrodite
:rofl: haha we have a study room, a vending machiene room and a common room. The common rom is awful - no windows at all! vending machiene room is year13 territory, but we probably ownt claim it - we like our study room too much - much more fun... everyone can fit in for one thing! :rofl: vending machiene room is perfect if you want somewhere a bit more private...or dont want to go too far from hte chocolate!

:eek3:Wow, a proper vending machine!? Nice one :biggrin:. We had a drinks machine - or, as we called it, the "Creami Choc" machine, based on the fact that everybody (or almost everybody) always bought the creami choc option from it. It tasted exactly the same as the hot chocolate to me :p:, so I always reckoned it was a bit of a marketing ploy, but some of my friends insist that the drink was "creamier" :p:. Lol!

This machine was actually IN our small common room. The only other sixth-form devoted area we had was the Study Room, which had around 30 or so computers in there exclusively for year 12/13. It was pretty good, all said! If the computers worked, that is :p:. Our school is getting all "techno"-obsessed, and half the time we struggled to get things to work!
Demon_AS
:eek3:Wow, a proper vending machine!? Nice one :biggrin:. We had a drinks machine - or, as we called it, the "Creami Choc" machine, based on the fact that everybody (or almost everybody) always bought the creami choc option from it. It tasted exactly the same as the hot chocolate to me :p:, so I always reckoned it was a bit of a marketing ploy, but some of my friends insist that the drink was "creamier" :p:. Lol!

This machine was actually IN our small common room. The only other sixth-form devoted area we had was the Study Room, which had around 30 or so computers in there exclusively for year 12/13. It was pretty good, all said! If the computers worked, that is :p:. Our school is getting all "techno"-obsessed, and half the time we struggled to get things to work!

we have a chocolate vending machine and a cooke vending machine :biggrin:

we had a prep room with about 10 pcs for 6th form and teachers use only..rarely used them..they were a bit slow..
I should really aim for bed now....

I got my 11500 posts :p: Im happy :p:

goodnight! xxxx
Reply 16263
Aphrodite
:rofl: haha yeah the screens got put to use for all sorts of things...target practice was entertaining.... and flicking things over them backwards was fun as well :biggrin:

That reminds me of DT lessons when I was doing my gcses, we made 'bow and nail'. Basically you get two nails and put them in a clamp about 2 or 3 inches apart, then get as many elastic bands as you can and wrap them tightly around them. Then you get a nail, put it on the elastic band and pull it back.....it fires it so fast it gets lodged in a brick wall :cool:. Had so much fun firing nails all over the place (not at people though...we werent quite that stupid) when the teacher wasn't looking :p:
Reply 16264
Aphrodite

goodnight! xxxx

Wooo well done! Although I don't like having a high postcount....so I hide mine :redface:

Nite xxx
oh god Im 27th rep wise and 30th post wise...this is bad :redface: Im officially addicted lol first page of members :redface: on both counts! :eek:
SketchyCanvas
awww thanks :biggrin: :smile: Mu-nis. :p:

Hehe sounds like you had a good night :biggrin: lol :toofunny: @ living-room cricket :p:

You may laugh at living room cricket, but I'll tell you now, it's the funniest thing you ever saw :biggrin:. We have to use a tennis ball or sponge ball, so that we don't break the TV! My little brother bought this tiny, foot-long cricket bat, which is perfect for it. The wickets tend to be either a tissue-box (Kleenex, of course:ninja:) or a box with paper in it haha. The rules are: one hand one bounce, and slow bowling only. Usually Greg and I just put as much spin on it, with some crazy effects! My little brother can never face my right arm over/left arm over combination (i.e. I use both hands to bowl alternately). If the ball rolls to the wall, it's one run, and if it hits the wall without bouncing, it's 2 runs. You can be caught off the walls, but only with one hand because the wall counts as a bounce :wink:.

*Phew* now you're ready to play. If you don't have a small bat handy, we typically used someone's slipper or a 500ml bottle :p:.
rpotter
That reminds me of DT lessons when I was doing my gcses, we made 'bow and nail'. Basically you get two nails and put them in a clamp about 2 or 3 inches apart, then get as many elastic bands as you can and wrap them tightly around them. Then you get a nail, put it on the elastic band and pull it back.....it fires it so fast it gets lodged in a brick wall :cool:. Had so much fun firing nails all over the place (not at people though...we werent quite that stupid) when the teacher wasn't looking :p:

haha! sounds good :biggrin:
rpotter
Wooo well done! Although I don't like having a high postcount....so I hide mine :redface:

Nite xxx

2000 isnt high! no where near high!
Aphrodite

goodnight! xxxx

Good night, Tricia! :biggrin: x
Reply 16270
Demon_AS

We broke all of our vending machines so they got removed very early on in year 12.....also broke the pool tables quite a lot so we kept on getting locked out of our common room. You could have great fun with some tennis balls and sofas to make defences with.....who says A-level students aren't mature :p:
rpotter
We broke all of our vending machines so they got removed very early on in year 12.....also broke the pool tables quite a lot so we kept on getting locked out of our common room. You could have great fun with some tennis balls and sofas to make defences with.....who says A-level students aren't mature :p:

mature?? us? :rofl: were practising for Uni :biggrin:
Demon_AS
You may laugh at living room cricket, but I'll tell you now, it's the funniest thing you ever saw :biggrin:. We have to use a tennis ball or sponge ball, so that we don't break the TV! My little brother bought this tiny, foot-long cricket bat, which is perfect for it. The wickets tend to be either a tissue-box (Kleenex, of course:ninja:) or a box with paper in it haha. The rules are: one hand one bounce, and slow bowling only. Usually Greg and I just put as much spin on it, with some crazy effects! My little brother can never face my right arm over/left arm over combination (i.e. I use both hands to bowl alternately). If the ball rolls to the wall, it's one run, and if it hits the wall without bouncing, it's 2 runs. You can be caught off the walls, but only with one hand because the wall counts as a bounce :wink:.

*Phew* now you're ready to play. If you don't have a small bat handy, we typically used someone's slipper or a 500ml bottle :p:.

:rofl: i should so try that when my mates come round!! :biggrin: thanks hehe :biggrin:
night!!!!
:goodnight
:ciao:
Reply 16274
Aphrodite
2000 isnt high! no where near high!

Its over 2500 now......well yer its not high high, but if one of my friends found out I was on this site they would tease me all the time about having so many posts, although quite a few people I know now know I'm on here.....maybe I should get a less obvious name :p:
Night night trish :hugs: :ciao:
rpotter

Lol, you vandals :p:. We only got locked out of our common room once, as I recall, this year, and all because some idiots messed up the CR by littering.

And we did have fun with tennis balls and sofas... and frequently footballs as well :p:. Football was a big thing in our year, we were out on most days, rain or shine, playing :biggrin:. We also had somebody bring in a mini-basketball hoop and ball lol, which we pinned to one of the notice boards and tried throwing these small b-balls from the comfort of our blue sofas, opposite the wall. Good times!
Reply 16277
Demon_AS
Lol, you vandals :p:. We only got locked out of our common room once, as I recall, this year, and all because some idiots messed up the CR by littering.

And we did have fun with tennis balls and sofas... and frequently footballs as well :p:. Football was a big thing in our year, we were out on most days, rain or shine, playing :biggrin:. We also had somebody bring in a mini-basketball hoop and ball lol, which we pinned to one of the notice boards and tried throwing these small b-balls from the comfort of our blue sofas, opposite the wall. Good times!

We had nowhere to play football :frown: - our playing fields were about 10 mins drive from our school

When in younger years we played tennisball football on the playground, but stopped in sixthform. That was probably the reason we were such vandals...didnt get enough exercise :biggrin:
rpotter
We had nowhere to play football :frown: - our playing fields were about 10 mins drive from our school

When in younger years we played tennisball football on the playground, but stopped in sixthform. That was probably the reason we were such vandals...didnt get enough exercise :biggrin:

Lol, that explains everything, I guess! Harsh, really, not having fields nearby :frown:. During the summer, we were allowed on the playing field, which is just behind the school, so a 30 second walk from the lunch hall :wink:.

Winter time we weren't allowed onto the field, but we were allowed onto the tennis courts (tarmac) which didn't have the nets up, so we played footie on it. Being sixth formers, we always had the largest section of the courts, because we were big and thus entitled to it, but then we had to share with the lower years. Which was, obviously, ridiculous, because sixth form dominance was tradtion until our year (typically :frown:) as teachers decided to put their collective feet down. We tried to rebel, but all we managed was to get banned from playing for a week. Longest week of my school life :p:.
Reply 16279
Demon_AS
Lol, that explains everything, I guess! Harsh, really, not having fields nearby :frown:. During the summer, we were allowed on the playing field, which is just behind the school, so a 30 second walk from the lunch hall :wink:.

Winter time we weren't allowed onto the field, but we were allowed onto the tennis courts (tarmac) which didn't have the nets up, so we played footie on it. Being sixth formers, we always had the largest section of the courts, because we were big and thus entitled to it, but then we had to share with the lower years. Which was, obviously, ridiculous, because sixth form dominance was tradtion until our year (typically :frown:) as teachers decided to put their collective feet down. We tried to rebel, but all we managed was to get banned from playing for a week. Longest week of my school life :p:.

Hehe, yer every now and again we decided we wanted to play tennisball football on the playground and we just set up our goals and started, seeing as we were so much bigger all of the little kids were forced to move :p:

Latest