Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yourjoyismylow)
    The Bell Jar is a classic, I don't even know how many times I've read it. I love it, it got me interested in SP.
    If you find the time, get her diaries. I have had them for a long time, but you can't just read them like a book.
    I read The Bell Jar after I read her Wuthering Heights poem. I wanted to understand her more. I felt alot of empathy and have shared how she felt there. I understood her in that poem, which made me then wan to further it by reading her book too. But I still can't understand how and why she ended her life the way that she did!:eek3: it's horrific! Yes, I'd like to read her diaries. I understand that they'd take longer to read than reading fiction, because they're more personal and intimate, you have to really connect and think. What are the details of her diaries? Like the titles, ISBNs, hard back/soft back and prices?

ReputationRep:
    That's no good.....
    Start your own?
    Would do if there were ppl that shared my interest in reading at the same level and in the same genres. Besides, A-levels and Uni applications consume LOADS of time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weird and Wonderful)
    Both?

I'n an avid footie fan who likes to write poetry!

You teach! :congrats:
    Lol, OK then.

ReputationRep:
    #troll#

ReputationRep:
    #hippie#

(Original post by Elements)
    I read The Bell Jar after I read her Wuthering Heights poem. I wanted to understand her more. I felt alot of empathy and have shared how she felt there. I understood her in that poem, which made me then wan to further it by reading her book too. But I still can't understand how and why she ended her life the way that she did!:eek3: it's horrific! Yes, I'd like to read her diaries. I understand that they'd take longer to read than reading fiction, because they're more personal and intimate, you have to really connect and think. What are the details of her diaries? Like the titles, ISBNs, hard back/soft back and prices?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Well, I'm fairly sure she didn't mean to kill herself, but it was her last cry for help. As a matter of fact, she left a note with her neighbour, which would have saved her. Unfortunately, the gas went upstairs as well and the neighbour passed out cold. So he could not call the doctor or anything. Just a theory.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/038...147114?ie=UTF8

(Original post by Elements)
    Would do if there were ppl that shared my interest in reading at the same level and in the same genres. Besides, A-levels and Uni applications consume LOADS of time!
    What are you applying for?

Hi beth!

ReputationRep:
    Well my fellow penguin lovers!

The time has come to part! :bawling:

Do not cry i shall be back.

Asta la vista.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hi beth!
    Heya how are yoou

Great, beth. How are you?

Asta la vista.

xxx
    Bye!! See you around!

ReputationRep:
    I'm also great

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm fairly sure she didn't mean to kill herself, but it was her last cry for help. As a matter of fact, she left a note with her neighbour, which would have saved her. Unfortunately, the gas went upstairs as well and the neighbour passed out cold. So he could not call the doctor or anything. Just a theory.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/038...147114?ie=UTF8
    What?!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    She didn't mean to kill herself by putting her head on/in the oven and then turning the gas on?! :eek3:

Thanks for the link. Will try to order it.

There is a lot of debate about that actually....

I will try and hunt down the link,.......

ReputationRep:

Asta la vista.

xxx
    Bye! Nice talking to you!:ciao:

ReputationRep:
    There is a lot of debate about that actually....

I will try and hunt down the link,.......
    Mind you, I only heard that that was what happened from an unrelaible and bad source. I'd like to see all the evidence and come to my own conclusions through analysis and evaluations etc, like I always do.

Done

ReputationRep:
    Im off, byeee people :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    Done
    Thanks! Have you got the link for the Plath debate?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.