Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

The course i originally applied for at Uni i did not get in but the finance was £8500 Tuition fee for every year which was approved and i have documents.

I have been given an alternative course to go on which includes a foundation year but the tuition fee for the foundation year is £7000 then for the remainder of the years back to £8500.

I have just accepted this alternative course but not sure how the finance side would work e do i need to inform anyone or does this happen automatically etc as long as it is from the same university.

Also does this effect my maintenance loans or grants if i have changed courses
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

You should update your course details via the 'Make changes to your application' link on your online account. Once the new course details have been updated, your Tuition Fee Loan amount will be updated to match the fees charged for the new course and the update will be confirmed via a new Notification letter and your online account.

Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi there,

You should update your course details via the 'Make changes to your application' link on your online account. Once the new course details have been updated, your Tuition Fee Loan amount will be updated to match the fees charged for the new course and the update will be confirmed via a new Notification letter and your online account.

Thanks,
    Hi Mark

Thanks for the reply.

I am waiting on my new bank account details so i can enter into the finance website but what if i don't get them in time before i start Uni

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Does your account already hold bank details?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Does your account already hold bank details?

Thanks
    Hi Mark

No, This is the first time i have opened a bank account. I have sent off copies of my ID's stamped by my local bank and that is the stage i am at. It has been two weeks and when i phoned them they say it is in process.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi again,

If we do not have valid bank account details on the system by the time your payment is to be paid, they will be blocked until the bank details are updated by yourself online or by calling us on 0845 300 5090.

Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    Hi again,

If we do not have valid bank account details on the system by the time your payment is to be paid, they will be blocked until the bank details are updated by yourself online or by calling us on 0845 300 5090.

Thanks,
    Hi Mark

The bank is messing me around and is not being helpful. Can i use my parents bank details temporarily or are there any other options

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, unfortunately we cannot use a 3rd party account to pay your student finance into. The account has to be in the same name as the person who has completed the application and signed the declaration to agree to the terms and conditions of the finance application. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, unfortunately we cannot use a 3rd party account to pay your student finance into. The account has to be in the same name as the person who has completed the application and signed the declaration to agree to the terms and conditions of the finance application. Thanks
    Hi Mark

I have got my bank details and updated them over a week ago. Due to my change of course i had an enrollment day at the college where i will do my first year and thought that would be ok for my grants to then come after a few days but was only told a few days that i must enroll at the main university which i am doing tomorrow. Will this put a delay on my grant and loan coming through

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Payments will not be released until attendance is confirmed.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Payments will not be released until attendance is confirmed.

Thanks
    Hi Mark

Attendance has been confirmed Last thursday so just wondering how long does it normally take

ReputationRep:
    Hi again,

Normally, once the confirmation of attendance has been updated on our system, we can pay out any missed instalments within 3-5 working days.

It would be best if you check the status of your payments via your online account, they will show as submitted once they've been sent to your banking provider.

Thanks,

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.