Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Q for the ladies. Watch

Anon or delete.
    Ladies, If you knew that a guy you liked already was already in a relationship, would you accept it and stay away, e.g. if you worked with him?

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    It depends. Which makes me sound awful, I know. But if I felt that he reciprocated my feelings I'd tell him how I felt if I truly liked him, but leave any other decisions to him. He could walk away from his relationship if he wanted to but I wouldn't be the third person.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes of course. I wouldn't interfere with his relationship.

ReputationRep:
    101 of relationships:

A man who is wanted by many girls [especially cute ones] is very attractive to girls. A man in a relationships [ESPECIALLY with a good looking girl] will always have girls willing to sabotage his relationship.

This is a fact.

Girls are more willing to share a man of high status.

ReputationRep:
    Yep.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    101 of relationships:

A man who is wanted by many girls [especially cute ones] is very attractive to girls. A man in a relationships [ESPECIALLY with a good looking girl] will always have girls willing to sabotage his relationship.

This is a fact.

Dude you post that on like, every thread similar to this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I don't want to interrupt his relationship

ReputationRep:
    Possibly. If it was clear that I had little chance of getting with him and that he wasn't into me, then yeah, I'd stay away as I wouldn't gain anything from trying. Otherwise no, I probably wouldn't.

And I appreciate that I'm not a "lady", but I'm not sure why that matters. Surely guys can answer this just as well as girls?

101 of relationships:

This is a fact.

While true that a guy is more attractive if girls want him (and that doesn't mean they want to sabotage his relationship), the relevance to this thread is.....?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. In any situation I'd stay away from somebody taken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    HeHe.

Don't think such a topic has ever come up though which has had the privilege of me posting on it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I appreciate it may be hard to judge without being in the situation, but I wouldn't want to ruin someone else's relationship.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    HeHe.

Don't think such a topic has ever come up though which has had the privilege of me posting on it.
    Could have sworn I saw you post it somewhere else recently. My mistake

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyone who wouldn't accept it should be ashamed of themselves. :erm:

ReputationRep:
      101 of relationships:

This is a fact.

True!! So,so true!! I think it's hilarious!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Treeroy)

While true that a guy is more attractive if girls want him (and that doesn't mean they want to sabotage his relationship), the relevance to this thread is.....?
      I didn't say all girls are willing to.

I said ''girls are willing to sabotage'' didn't imply all are, but I think we can all accept that if a guy is in a relationship with a half decent looking girl his attraction increases ten fold in other girl's eyes.
      (Original post by chappers-94)
      True!! So,so true!! I think it's hilarious!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Can't say I can blame girls for it though, if seen from their viewpoint. A man who has a cute girl is a universal sign of status.
      • TSR Support Team
      • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
      I think we can all accept that if a guy is in a relationship with a half decent looking girl his attraction increases ten fold in other girl's eyes
      I think a number of people will agree that that's ridiculous

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Yes, of course.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by shadowdweller)

Posted from TSR Mobile
      To be fair, it is true that someone's sexual market value increases when they're seen with an attractive partner...

ReputationRep:
      I've been there so many times, so yes, I would accept it and move on.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 19, 2013
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.