Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, just interested to see if anyone else on here is taking sound engineering & design Bsc Hons at SSR Manchester and Bolton or anyone who has finished the course/already done first year etc. Would be good to know about getting to Bolton and what the university is like!

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting ssr this September although i'm doing music production.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bolton is a 20 minute train ride away and a short bus ride or long walk from the train station

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannyphillips)
    I'm starting ssr this September although i'm doing music production.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah that's cool! I know the one they showed it on the open day, the live rig in their gig room is very impressive indeed! Do you live local then? Is the bus much to Bolton?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm from salford. The buses 36 and 37 go to Bolton from Piccadilly gardens. There are quite a few buses but they take about an hour or so. Tbh you will be better getting a train, it's 20 minutes and a return is about £4.00

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A bus day saver is 4:50 or weekly 14 for first buses. Where are you moving from? I take it your not local?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A bus day saver is 4:50 or weekly 14 for first buses. Where are you moving from? I take it your not local?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah you are fairly close to SSR then. Not local at all from the south west near bristol so quite far away, my accommodation is like 5 minutes from piccadily station seems train would be cheaper in my case as I only need to go there once a week.

ReputationRep:
    100% you can buy a bus and train day ticket for about £6.50 also. You staying in the houses on ssr website? Also you'll love Manchester

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    100% you can buy a bus and train day ticket for about £6.50 also. You staying in the houses on ssr website? Also you'll love Manchester

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah good, I was going to but they could only offer me the single room and it was smaller then my room at home which isn't really big, so I've gone with a private hall but I reckon its about a twenty minute walk as I could see it when I visited SSR. Yeah nq is real close,arndale and Apollo. I'll have to find a decent part time job as Manchester will leave me very poor.

ReputationRep:
    Cool, not long now
    A week holiday/work in Ibiza then straight into study for me. Looking forward to it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cool, not long now
    A week holiday/work in Ibiza then straight into study for me. Looking forward to it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That sounds cool, no holiday for me just a bit of work then start, but there's loads of gigs I've got planned out to go to, anyway probably see you at SSR at some point!

ReputationRep:
    Did you go in today for an induction?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did you go in today for an induction?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did yeah at ten you?

ReputationRep:
    Called in quickly for my induction. Missed mine as I was away for my first day

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Called in quickly for my induction. Missed mine as I was away for my first day

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah I see, you've already started? I don't have my first lesson till Tuesday! Mr scruff is playing there fresher's event Friday, its free and they have a bar should be decent!

ReputationRep:
    We started on Tuesday officially but I was still in Ibiza. Our first proper classes were today. Might pop down for an hour or so to the freshers party

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.