The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

bradford university accomodation

hi, I've applied to the university of Bradford and will be going this September

I'm really unsure if i should apply for accommodation at the green during my first year

I've been researching Arkwright halls and they seem to have nice accommodation and suitable prices

i just wanted to know everyone's thoughts on accommodation if there are any students at Bradford uni already who could help give me reviews on various accommodations at Bradford?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Im going too in september for pharmacy, from my friends who already do pharmacy there they say Green is very crap, Awk are supposed to be good so are fosters (awk slightly cheaper) I'm still deciding where to go..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Original post by sadiyah95
hi, I've applied to the university of Bradford and will be going this September

I'm really unsure if i should apply for accommodation at the green during my first year

I've been researching Arkwright halls and they seem to have nice accommodation and suitable prices

i just wanted to know everyone's thoughts on accommodation if there are any students at Bradford uni already who could help give me reviews on various accommodations at Bradford?

Original post by CosmicVengeance
Im going too in september for pharmacy, from my friends who already do pharmacy there they say Green is very crap, Awk are supposed to be good so are fosters (awk slightly cheaper) I'm still deciding where to go..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello to both of u. I will soon be starting third year of pharmacy at bradford and lived at the Green in 1st year and Arkwright for my 2nd year. I will also be living in arkwright this year. My reasons for choosing arkwright this year is that rent works out a lot cheaper over the year when compared to the green, they allow free storage of your stuff in your room over summer if u book the same room for the next year, it is very close to campus whereas forsters are more close to the sports facilities and library and they also give 20 week contract so its good for people like me who are going somewhere else for placements in january. :smile:

Feel free to ask more questions.

Other accommodations in bradford for students other than the Green, Arkwright and Forsters include- Malik Halls, Wardley house, Haria house/tower etcd

I think a lot of it also depends on other factors such as personal preferences and flat mates etc.
Reply 3
I think ark. halls sounds good i'll be most likely staying there thanj you for the replies
Reply 4
I'm starting uni in September too and I've applied to stay at Malik halls.

My Girlfriend ( she's going into third year at bradford) stayed in the Green in her first year and she said she loved it. I would've gone to the Green but it was quite expensive.
I Looked around Forster and it was horrible. They have big rooms but hardly any storage, and I've heard bad things about them too, Drug dealing is one of the main things I've heard.
I heard Akwright isn't so nice and doesn't look like the photos either.
Reply 5
oh theres sso many mixed reviwes im soo confused at the moment im quite nervous about moving out as well :/
Reply 6
drug dealing :frown:
Reply 7
drug dealing :frown:

I'm sure it's not so bad, I've just heard stories that's all. The Green is the safest but is one of the more expensive. Malik seems very safe and is affordable (and really nice), but as I've already signed my contract there, I'm kinda biased. Your best bet, if Bradford isn't far, would be to travel through and view them all, then you can make your own mind up rather than having to rely on other opinions. It's what I did...I spent a day visiting each accommodation back in March...Malik appealed to me the most based on cost, location, safety, and how beautiful it was inside.
oh theres sso many mixed reviwes im soo confused at the moment im quite nervous about moving out as well :/

I think you will hear mixed reviews about everywhere and a lot of it depends on as I said in my earlier post about your personal preference and also most importantly who u will be sharing your flat with. For example in The Green my year was the first ever people to live there so everything was brand new and it was also more cheaper than it is now. I think the quality of rooms are much better in the green and the environment around it looks good and u are more likely to meet first year students there as it is the accommodation that is advertised by the university. However we had problems with some of my flat mates about the cleanliness of our kitchen and it was not always a pleasant place to cook or even eat. The service provided by staffs were also not very good always.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
I chose the Green town house because it was the cheapest out of the three campus choices. I wasn't even aware of the Akwright tbh.

Private rented accommodation didn't seem much cheaper though, from what I researched, you have to pay up 90 pounds if you want a decent one room apartment in Bradford.

What's the price for Akwright? Do you have to sign a 42 week contract?
Reply 10
Going to stay at the green .. Got friends going to nottingham .. The gun capital of England and others going to Birmingham the drug capital so everywhere you go has its problems and doom merchants ... Life is what you make of it x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LtBastard
I chose the Green town house because it was the cheapest out of the three campus choices. I wasn't even aware of the Akwright tbh.

Private rented accommodation didn't seem much cheaper though, from what I researched, you have to pay up 90 pounds if you want a decent one room apartment in Bradford.

What's the price for Akwright? Do you have to sign a 42 week contract?

yeah its £75 a week for standard single ensuite around £3200 for the year
£150 booking which is taken off the total, the first installmant is in 28th the august idk y, its like £200
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
yeah its £75 a week for standard single ensuite around £3200 for the year
£150 booking which is taken off the total, the first installmant is in 28th the august idk y, its like £200

Aw that's so cheap when compared to the Green :eek:. I'm moving as soon as my contract ends.
Reply 13
you should move if you want it is cheaper than the green

the green seems too expensive and im moving all the way from east london i thin awkright halls seem like a good deal or maybe even malik halls
Reply 14
I already signed the contract .. I wanted to be near the university at all times and the green seemed like the best option. It sucks when you're not from the UK and have to decide on what kind of accommodation you want from pictures and comments.
Reply 15
Original post by LtBastard
I already signed the contract .. I wanted to be near the university at all times and the green seemed like the best option. It sucks when you're not from the UK and have to decide on what kind of accommodation you want from pictures and comments.

Technically speaking, Malik Halls is closer to the University than The Green, despite The Green being on Campus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Decided in going to stay at forsters :biggrin: booking later today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Decided in going to stay at forsters :biggrin: booking later today

Please view it before signing. I viewed it a few month ago and it looked nothing like the photos. It was pretty disgusting and run down. They might have made changes over the summer though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
There's a TON of private housing close to campus, prices (and quality) vary from £40 upwards, why not look into that too?. That's what I did when I was at Bradford.
Hi folks

The Green is the University's own accommodation right at the heart of the campus. It was recently voted the best student accommodation in the UK.

Take a look at the intro video here:

[video="youtube_share;0Cv3DLpAOSE"]http://youtu.be/0Cv3DLpAOSE[/video]

Our Green Ambassadors get everyone involved in loads of events and activities throughout the year - take a look here: http://www.bradford.ac.uk/accommodation/university-accommodation/living-at-the-green/a-year-in-the-life-of-the-green-ambassadors/

It's a great place to live in your first year - you're in the middle of the campus and you get to meet new friends quickly and easily. From your second year you have other options in the area - lots of flats and houses can be found through Unipol: http://www.brad.ac.uk/accommodation/private-rented-accommodation/

If you have any questions at all just yell.

Cheers

Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending