Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why International community don`t support Pakistan??? Watch

• View Poll Results: What are your views about Pakistan ?
    I appreciate efforts of Pakistan
    10.81%
    I don`t think there is anything to appreciate about Pakistan
    67.57%
    I appreciate role of Pakistan but Pakistan need to do more
    21.62%

ReputationRep:
    I am a resident of Lahore, Pakistan and am a mechanical engineering student. We in Pakistan are suffering from the worst time of our history due to war against terrorism. More than 100,000 innocent civilians and army personnel have died in last ten years in this war against terror. We still are fighting and sacrificing in this war for the safety of the whole world but still it seems like nobody seems to appreciate our sacrifices. Everyone always criticize us. Yes, we have been ruled by corrupt governments but we as a a nation has sacrificed a lot in this war against terror.

Are you fighting and "sacrificing"? I don't think so, so don't profane the dead by proclaiming to speak in their name.

Your mendicant government is a corrupt military oligarchy that has sponsored terrorists from Lashka-i-tabia to Afghan Taliban. I doesn't deserve any support at all.

So, go and whine somewhere else ...

ReputationRep:
      Pakistans army have always been Americas puppet, allowing them to blow innocent women and children into a million pieces. America are responsible for the creation of terrorism, when innocent farmers are seeing their livelihoods destroyed & their kids murdered, don't expect them to be ****ing supportive of the 'war on terror' crap. The West was exploiting other countries decades before 9/11 ever happened.

ReputationRep:
      The Pakistani people may have suffered, but quite frankly their government is inept and their military is as untrustworthy as they come.

They have struck the first blow in four wars and never achieved their goals in any of them. If they focussed on their own country rather than try to destabilise other countries, then Pakistan could achieve quit a bit.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by interact;44011079[B)
      ]Pakistans army have anyways been Americas puppet[/B], allowing them to blow innocent women and children into a million pieces. America are responsible for the creation of terrorism, when innocent farmers are seeing their livelihoods destroyed & their kids murdered, don't expect them to be ****ing supportive of the 'war on terror' crap. The West was exploiting other countries decades before 9/11 ever happened.
      Really?

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/-t...y-man-/373013/

Paksistani politics are somewhat complicated as are the internal problems within Pakistan. ISI support for the Taliban haven't exactly helped their international standing. Then again, I do realise that Pakistan has a serious problem with religious nutters combined with corruption.

I actually hold the Pakistani Military in quite high regards as they're actually quite decent guyswhen they're not posing as Afghans.

ReputationRep:
      I can't help but think that your country brought it on itself when it supported terrorist organisations against India. It's sad that it has turned against you but is it really that unexpected? I am of course sympathetic to individuals, but as a country I think you are responsible for potentially creating a greater threat to international security than North Korea or Iran.

ReputationRep:
      No sympathy. Every Pakistani person I know over here is rich as ****. 1) Why aren't they helping their own country? 2) How are they all so rich when their country is so poor? Dodgy dealings? looks to me like whatever few get rich from whatever dodgy dealings that they do over there just run here and leave their country to go to pot.

ReputationRep:
      The international community is against Pakistan because aside from dodgy dealings between the government and the Taliban, the assassination of Benezir Bhutto and the fact the country is nuclear. They have fragile relations with India, a country which has much more to offer to the international community in terms of resources.

edit: Oh yeah and because we and the US are currently paying billions per year so the Pakistani government doesn't start a war.

ReputationRep:
      Why don't they support Pakistan? Simple : Pakistan is a lost cause. I mean just look at the post you've made : 'we have been ruled by corrupt governments'. That is correct. You - the Pakistani people- have been ruled by corrupt governments. So what do you want the international community to do about it ? Whenever any international organisation attempts to intervene they are ridiculed by your country. You people can't stand intervention, particularly from 'western' governments. I've seen it in Pakistan with my own eyes. People sat around the verandah talking ignorant s*** about how 'U.S. and U.K.' are 'harami'. I mean , for god's sake, have you forgotten where Bin Laden was found ? In a compound nearby the Pakistani Military Academy. How are you going to explain that ? Did the U.S. put him there ? No wonder nobody wants to get involved. Seriously though you're an engineering student go build something to give back to your community. Stop expecting blessings from the international community because you wont get any. Terrorism is an awful thing but your government is to blame, stop trying to deflect blame on others.

Pakistan needs to apologise for harbouring OBL. I need to hear a howling apology with tears and everything ...

The ISI learned to play both sides in Afghanistan while passing Stinger missiles from the US to Bin Laden and his chums .... Pakistan is not even a nation state really. It has supported terrorist acts in Afghanistan, and India. So it has fictional sovereignty, and I welcome drone attacks. It's a pathetic economic basket-case, awash with abject poverty, unparallel illiteracy, tribal conflicts, religious mania, fraud and corruption.

I sometimes think we should have gone after Pakistan primarily instead of Afghanistan.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
        Pakistan needs to apologise for harbouring OBL. I need to hear a howling apology with tears and everything ...

The ISI learned to play both sides in Afghanistan while passing Stinger missiles from the US to Bin Laden and his chums .... Pakistan is not even a nation state really. It has supported terrorist acts in Afghanistan, and India. So it has fictional sovereignty, and I welcome drone attacks. It's a pathetic economic basket-case, awash with abject poverty, unparallel illiteracy, tribal conflicts, religious mania, fraud and corruption.

I sometimes think we should have gone after Pakistan primarily instead of Afghanistan.
        Unfortunately they have nukes. And once their "government" is overthrown by the terrorists they created the terrorists will have nukes too. But no, really we should appreciate everything they've done :rolleyes:

[EDIT]I'm happy to discuss this but the people who are negging me are seemingly unable to do so. This doesn't surprise me, as what exactly is there to argue with?
        1) They have nukes. Are there really any arguments here?
        2) They have aided the Taliban. Again, can you really argue against this?
        3) Their government is failing Even ignoring the numerous foreign reports which support this view you need only look at the one by the Pakistan's own ISI chief, who himself describes it as "a failing state, if not a failed one". Their own Defence Minister has described himself as an irrelevancy for pity's sake!
        4) The Taliban represents a serious threat to sovereignty - just look at Karachi which is already virtually under the control of the Taliban.

I don't see how these points are refutable but please feel free to debate them with me as I would be more than happy to learn anything to the contrary. For the record I'm not Indian if you suspect me of bias.

ReputationRep:
        Useless Thread, asking to be appreciated(you reap what you sow), and also Indians should be the last people to have opinion or posting on here (mostly because of Bias and blaming them for everything).

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Dark-Mc)
        Indians should be the last people to have opinion or posting on here (mostly because of Bias and blaming them for everything).
        Just to set the record straight in case you're referring to me; I'm not of Indian descent.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by arslan007)
        I am a resident of Lahore, Pakistan and am a mechanical engineering student. We in Pakistan are suffering from the worst time of our history due to war against terrorism. More than 100,000 innocent civilians and army personnel have died in last ten years in this war against terror. We still are fighting and sacrificing in this war for the safety of the whole world but still it seems like nobody seems to appreciate our sacrifices. Everyone always criticize us. Yes, we have been ruled by corrupt governments but we as a a nation has sacrificed a lot in this war against terror.
        What is there to support... the talibans are your creation. Clean up your own mess.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
        x
        Very one sided aren't you? People never seem to look at e.g. India sending agents into Pakistan. Na its all one sided and Pakistan just does it for the lols every now then...
        (Original post by bric-a-brac)
        x
        As a Pakistani I'll have to agree with you. The Pakistani people just keep on electing corrupt governments at every election, their own fault tbh.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Helloworld_95)
        The international community is against Pakistan because aside from dodgy dealings between the government and the Taliban, the assassination of Benezir Bhutto and the fact the country is nuclear. They have fragile relations with India, a country which has much more to offer to the international community in terms of resources.

edit: Oh yeah and because we and the US are currently paying billions per year so the Pakistani government doesn't start a war.

Which war is this?

Btw do you also complain about say like the US starting war after war?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by IdeasForLife)
        Which war is this?

Btw do you also complain about say like the US starting war after war?
        The one with India or the one where it starts sending Pakistani troops to aid the Taliban in Afghanistan.

And yes I do complain about the wars perpetuated by the US.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by arslan007)
        America are giving Pakistan billions in aid, and the UK is giving around half a billion a year I think. This is only because Pakistan has nuclear technology.

Pakistan's government/ intelligence community sponsor terrorist groups, provide training and are corrupt. The money is already going to Pakistan, so you can give people bs that the international community don't want to help Pakistan, but what can you do when you have a corrupt government?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Helloworld_95)
        The one with India or the one where it starts sending Pakistani troops to aid the Taliban in Afghanistan.

And yes I do complain about the wars perpetuated by the US.
        The one with India - I'd disagree with this one. India aren't exactly angels.

Could you give me more info on the second one?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by IdeasForLife)
        The one with India - I'd disagree with this one. India aren't exactly angels.

Could you give me more info on the second one?
        The problem isn't the sins of the India but the fact the both nations are nuclear and unstable enough that a large chunk of Asia could be decimated.

It's already suspected if not known that some of the foreign aid given by the US and UK is sent rather ironically to Taliban forces so it wouldn't be unlikely for the Pakistani government to go further and send some troops to help them a la what has happened in North Africa and Syria, probably more like the former where a small number of highly trained CIA and MI6 agents were sent to help the rebels rather than the latter where Iran sent troops to help the Syrian government.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.