Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing my course?!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there Abbie,

I'm not a fresher, but I am the peer guide leader for animal behaviour this year. Your peer guide is called Stephen and he should be contacting you via Bangor webmail soon. I may not be your peer guide, but I am willing to answer any questions you may have, either on here or by inbox. Hope you enjoy Bangor and freshers, will probably meet you at some point =] xx

ReputationRep:
    im considering apply for this course in clearing, but i dont know if ill struggle with the science as my science knowledge is pretty ****. but i saw its mostly all cw so i could just get lots of help with it. but i really wanna go bangor!!! and i want to work with animals and do a course but i think ill find it too hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophilicious)
    im considering apply for this course in clearing, but i dont know if ill struggle with the science as my science knowledge is pretty ****. but i saw its mostly all cw so i could just get lots of help with it. but i really wanna go bangor!!! and i want to work with animals and do a course but i think ill find it too hard
    Hi there Sophilicious, The course is a mix of cw and exams, you can choose to do a lot more coursework after first year, first year you'll get given most of the basic sciency knowledge to do this course, and you can always get help from the lecturers and of course your coursemates. In first year the optional modules are animal Science, parasites and pathogens, cellular and molecular biology and Introduction to microbiology. I chose animal science and cellular and molecular. animal science most people found ok, even those that didn't do sciency a levels. I wouldn't choose cellular and molecular without at least some knowledge of chemistry and biology and it has the majority of it weighted on an exam. If I remember correctly a lot of people liked the microbiology module as it wasn't too hard and it was mostly weighted on an online exam that they all did together and a lot of people got a least a B if not higher in that module.

Bangor is lovely, I hope you do/did choose to come to Bangor for clearing, don't let the course scare you, if it's what you want to do, do it =]

ReputationRep:
    They rejected me but didn't say why, I think it was because I didn't have a pure science a level (((. Have an offer for animal behaviour n welfare at Wolverhampton but I'm put off by the place so it's my last resort. Looking at Sheffield for zoology atm. Don't think they'll take me on as its freshers week but wolve did

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.